1.    #1  
    i got a palm pre and i had uberkernal on it... clocked at 1 ghz .......if anything all i did was play card ace outrageously.... suddenly one day it turned off without my notice and when i try to turn it on..nothing would happen.. so i tried a different battery still nothing would happen...than i tried plugging it into an outlet and it brings up the palm screen a few times but as soon as u pull out the cable it turns right off?... i got it to go in usb mode... try to webos doctor it but got to 56 percent but failed...any help? anyone know if i burnt the cpu? if so how can i tell?
    hmmm. I would try putting it in discovery mode and doctoring it from there.
  3.    #3  
    discovery mode is usb mode no?
    usb mode being the mode you send stuff to the usb no. Discovery mode as in holding up the volume thing when putting the battery in and starting it up. Explains how under doctoring instructions.
  5.    #5  
    yea thats what i call usb mode sorry........yea i get nowhere with that it...starts to doctor fails at 56 percent....my pre only has power with cord...as soon as i take it out it shuts down...let me remind u i never get passed the palm screen
    Also, I don't know if this is true or not, but when I get a new Pre, I never overclock it right away. I run it stock for a couple days to break in the CPU (let it get to normal operating temps and such) and then I overclock it.
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    i got a palm pre and i had uberkernal on it... clocked at 1 ghz .......if anything all i did was play card ace outrageously.... suddenly one day it turned off without my notice and when i try to turn it on..nothing would happen.. so i tried a different battery still nothing would happen...than i tried plugging it into an outlet and it brings up the palm screen a few times but as soon as u pull out the cable it turns right off?... i got it to go in usb mode... try to webos doctor it but got to 56 percent but failed...any help? anyone know if i burnt the cpu? if so how can i tell?

Were you monitoring the temperature at all?
  8.    #8  
    not really cant say i was
    That's going to be the mother board or your coms board The mobo died or the coms board did since you can get power via cable and not the battery its most likely the coms board since the coms board on the pre also has the power management for the battery and charging it could still be the mobo just have to test the parts and see whats going on. if you have a bad mobo i have a Sprint pre mother board.
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
  10.    #10  
    im guessing its fried.. u think i can trick palm into fixing it?lol
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    im guessing its fried.. u think i can trick palm into fixing it?lol
    Wouldn't you have a problem with your conscience, going that way?