Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    Well i will chat with palm soon and see what they can do for me. Thanks for advice tho . Can the OP please confirm that they did receive there pre back?
    I received my free battery yesterday and have been loading all my crap on it every since haha. They did send me a new one, but again I had an old Palm Pre that had been pretty beat up.... this one looks pretty damn new but who knows, maybe it is refurb. If it is maybe just the board or something because all the sliding joints are nice and solid without "oreo" effect, etc. And everything else seems to be flawless and in perfect working order. The insides and outsides clean and free of any scratches or prints at all. I guess I will post here again one day if it fails too soon.

If it lasts me another year, I am happy!

I am extremely pleased with the "new" replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by nuglas View Post
    .... this one looks pretty damn new but who knows, maybe it is refurb.
    You can check if your phone is a new one or refurb. Open the phone dialer and type in:

##786#

A new phone will show:

RECONDDATE
    --/--/----

RECONDSTATUS
    no

A refurb will have the refurb date listed as well as "yes" under status.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    You can check if your phone is a new one or refurb. Open the phone dialer and type in:

##786#

A new phone will show:

RECONDDATE
    --/--/----

RECONDSTATUS
    no

I am so glad to know this. Just shipped mine in this morning and have been assured by two Palm reps now and the second one noted my file that I will get the same phone back. If it's not the same phone, I will be glad to know this info.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post

##786#

A new phone will show:

RECONDDATE
    --/--/----

RECONDSTATUS
    no

Great info. Thanks
    Just to let anyone know (you can read more details on my "withdrawal" post) if you have Verizon and you send your phone off to Palm to be fixed because you are not getting satisfaction from VZ such as receiving two unacceptable refurbs like I have, VZ is out of the picture for the rest of your warranty (my case 9 more months) and you will need to deal with Palm for all future problems. I also have total coverage insurance from VZ and couldn't get a good answer out them so I'm betting that is pretty much worthless too.

I only hope Palm is much better dealing with getting my phone fixed or an acceptable replacement.
    Jolie

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
  6.    #26  
    Ok update... awesome trick with the ##786#! yeah mine was refurb and looks like I probably got the same one back (didn't look at S/N cuz didn't care, but now I see refurb date was right before they sent it back to me). which is why I am now experiencing the same issue on my phone. ARG. so what did I do after Palm already made two exceptions for me? I asked again. NICELY!!!! Saved the transcript this time so you people who don't know how to deal with customer service reps can learn a little something.

this time they replacing again, but with advanced service and waiving the $30 advanced service fee.

4:23 PM Tom: Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support.Please give me a moment to review the info you provided.
    4:23 PM Douglas Doe: Thanks
    4:24 PM Tom: Just to clarify, you are having the same problems with the replacement phone. Is that correct?
    4:24 PM Douglas Doe: correct
    4:24 PM Tom: I’m sorry for any trouble this may have caused.
    4:24 PM Douglas Doe: Frustrating yes =)
    4:25 PM Douglas Doe: but not your fault!
    4:25 PM Tom: You mentioned that it is an earpiece problem, right?
    4:25 PM Douglas Doe: yes the on-phone earpiece speaker
    4:25 PM Douglas Doe: it will work if you apply pressure to the top of the phone
    4:25 PM Douglas Doe: but one you let go, it is silent again
    4:25 PM Douglas Doe: it's like the wires are connected inside or something
    4:25 PM Tom: I understand your concern. Let me see how I can help you.
    4:26 PM Douglas Doe: * are not connected
    4:26 PM Douglas Doe: thank you
    4:26 PM Tom: Is there a headset icon on the screen?
    4:26 PM Douglas Doe: no
    4:26 PM Douglas Doe: it is in regular handset mode, that's why when you push on it at the top, you can hear the other person
    4:27 PM Douglas Doe: but as soon as you let off the pressure, you can't hear again
    4:27 PM Tom: I think it's a hardware problem. Let me just check your order number.
    4:27 PM Douglas Doe: thank you
    4:28 PM Tom: May I have at least 3 to 5 minutes while I do some research regarding this issue and the previous case?
    4:28 PM Douglas Doe: yes - thank you
    4:28 PM Tom: Thank you.
    4:33 PM Tom: I am now checking on the details of the first issue. I'm sorry again for receiving a defective device. Let me just finish checking all the details here thank you.
    4:33 PM Douglas Doe: No problem thank you
    4:34 PM Tom: Please open Device Info. May I have the Serial Number of the phone please?
    4:35 PM Douglas Doe: <Serial #>
    4:35 PM Douglas Doe: is this the same phone that i sent in before?
    4:35 PM Douglas Doe: or just a replacement
    4:37 PM Tom: Thank you. Please bear with me and thank you for your patience. I am getting all the details and information that I need from the previous case.
    4:37 PM Douglas Doe: ok thanks
    4:41 PM Tom: Thank you for waiting. I have gathered all details needed and also found an option on what you can do.
    4:43 PM Tom: Because you were inconvenienced with the previous repair, we are offering you the Advance exchange program which usually has a $29.95 fee for this special service. What we will do is wave this fee for you so you can get a replacement phone since the phone that you have wasn't repaired successfully.
    4:43 PM Tom: With the advance exchange option, we ship you a replacement device first, and then you return your defective device to us using a prepaid label.
    4:44 PM Douglas Doe: That's great thank you very much! It was tough not having the phone last time! =)
    4:44 PM Tom: We'll make sure that you get the best service from us.
    4:45 PM Douglas Doe: You guys have been great during this whole problem, I really appreciate it
    4:46 PM Tom: You're welcome. Now, here's what you need to do:
    4:48 PM Tom: I need to refer you to our Voice Support Team to process the service repair order (SRO) since we don't want your personal information and details reflected in this chat conversation log. You can contact our Voice Support team for Palm webOS products at: 877-426-3777. Support is available Mon-Fri from 6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM PST and Sat-Sun from 8:00 AM PST to 5:00 PM PST.
    4:49 PM Tom: I am going to give you a reference number so that the rep who will process the request and wave the fee can read my notes and our chat conversation to proceed with the process right away.
    4:49 PM Douglas Doe: thank you
    4:49 PM Douglas Doe: is this going to be a warranty repair also like the previous?
    4:50 PM Tom: Yes, no charges and the good thing is you get a replacement phone first before sending that defective one to us.
    4:50 PM Douglas Doe: That is great thank you Tom
    4:52 PM Tom: It's always a pleasure Douglas. Here's the Service request number Here's the <order #> and our chat session ID <chat ID #>. Giving this to the rep will able him to view our chat. Also prepare the old order number for documentation purposes.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by joliejolie0930 View Post
    Just to let anyone know (you can read more details on my "withdrawal" post) if you have Verizon and you send your phone off to Palm to be fixed because you are not getting satisfaction from VZ such as receiving two unacceptable refurbs like I have, VZ is out of the picture for the rest of your warranty (my case 9 more months) and you will need to deal with Palm for all future problems. I also have total coverage insurance from VZ and couldn't get a good answer out them so I'm betting that is pretty much worthless too.

I only hope Palm is much better dealing with getting my phone fixed or an acceptable replacement.
    I bet you will get your phone back... like I did. Unfortunately they didn't fix the problem on my phone though! I'm hoping I get a different one, maybe even new one. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by nuglas View Post
    I bet you will get your phone back... like I did. Unfortunately they didn't fix the problem on my phone though! I'm hoping I get a different one, maybe even new one. lol
    Wow you give me great hope! I haven't done a chat I called 3 times and each time the rep was really nice. Mine didn't work if you press down, it was just static no matter what. Hopefully they will fix it and it will work. When I took my AGFindings GRT case off and the skin it was just like new out of the box that's why I hate to give it up. The keyboard was perfect. I am so happy dancing with hope I'll get my same one back, my email and the status (although it just has basic info and doesn't show repair yet) does say Repair/Return.

Thank you so much for making the start of my weekend great!!!

I just checked and now the status shows "in repair" whooooo hoooooo
    Jolie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12