1. iii
    After my Pre Plus updated itself to WebOS 1.4.5, I could no longer open PDF's. I always get the error message "Render document failed". In addition, any notes in my Contacts that contain carriage returns ( I sync with Outlook using Exchange) display "<br/>" instead of a new line. I used webOSDoctor to go back to OS 1.4.1 and everything worked perfectly again. Two days later my phone upgraded to 1.4.5 automatically and the same errors returned.
    I called Palm support 3 times. They finally acknowledged that 1.4.5 has HTML issues and that the PDF Viewer doesn't work after the update. The only solution they offered was to wait for the next WebOS update. Sheesh!!! This is a bit counter productive!
    Every update presents some type of challenge. We are aware that some issues have arose out of the update. This update is far more better than we have gotten in the past. I don't see to many more of the how do I rollback to the previous version threads anymore.

Work with us, every software company that puts out an update to their software puts it out with some type of bug, it happens and there is nothing we can do about it, scratch that, we could test for months further and work to implement fixes to all the issues we come across hoping that we get them all. The caveat to that is that we already are not pushing out updates as quickly as we used to.

I'm just going to lay it out there how it is, we are going to continue to push out updates, and we are going to continue to push them out with some bugs, it's going to happen.

We are sorry for the problems that 1.4.5. has presented you and we always try to identify workarounds when we can, for instance you can atleast still read the contact notes while you are in edit view. Is it a hassle? Is it a pain? both of those are true, but it's the option that's available now.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Search the forums for the threads that already exist on the PDF render failures and carriage returns in contact notes. Some users have found various workarounds or tweaks that may work for you. None have worked for me, but maybe you'll have better luck. Reverting back to 1.4.1.1 has been my "workaround". We'll have to wait and see what 2.0 fixes/breaks.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Every update presents some type of challenge. We are aware that some issues have arose out of the update. This update is far more better than we have gotten in the past. I don't see to many more of the how do I rollback to the previous version threads anymore.

Work with us, every software company that puts out an update to their software puts it out with some type of bug, it happens and there is nothing we can do about it, scratch that, we could test for months further and work to implement fixes to all the issues we come across hoping that we get them all. The caveat to that is that we already are not pushing out updates as quickly as we used to.

I'm just going to lay it out there how it is, we are going to continue to push out updates, and we are going to continue to push them out with some bugs, it's going to happen.

We are sorry for the problems that 1.4.5. has presented you and we always try to identify workarounds when we can, for instance you can atleast still read the contact notes while you are in edit view. Is it a hassle? Is it a pain? both of those are true, but it's the option that's available now.
    It's expected that there will be bugs. It's understandable that a few may be so major as to render some components useless (pdf viewer in my case). What is entirely unacceptable is having to wait so long for a fix. Also, may I ask how the hell this wasn't caught in testing? I have a hard time believing that this bug wasn't noticed until after the update was released, seeing as how the pdf viewer crashes almost every time I use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by marruda2 View Post
    It's expected that there will be bugs. It's understandable that a few may be so major as to render some components useless (pdf viewer in my case). What is entirely unacceptable is having to wait so long for a fix. Also, may I ask how the hell this wasn't caught in testing? I have a hard time believing that this bug wasn't noticed until after the update was released, seeing as how the pdf viewer crashes almost every time I use it.
    Just because it crashes everytime you use it doesn't mean it crashes everytime everyone else uses it. I'm not part of the testing team when it comes to update releases, but I have to imagine that every little aspect of the device is not tested when releasing an update.

Let's say we put out an update that just addresses bluetooth, so the only thing that should have been changed in the OS, should we also test the contacts application, google maps, etc. delaying the update even longer.

I can fully understand your frustration, but updates take time, you're right we are waiting a while for a fix, but we are not going to put out an update every time we fix one issue. Imagine have to go through all the work you currently have to go through to get your phone updated, remove your themes, wait for your patches to get updated, hope none of them are broken from the changes, and then have to do that every week.

It's not a fun process.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts