Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Last night my phone sort of restarted itself. After installing some app updates in preware, i restarted my phone and suddenly i needed to log into my palm profile and a lot of my stuff was reset to factory settings. Not a big deal, just started reinstalling my patches and kernal. But this morning, I noticed that my phone wasnt playing any of my ringtones when I got a call or text. I went to Sounds and Ringtones app and would try to play them, but they do not play. I went to the Music app, and my songs will not play. They also will not play in Music (Remix). Everything else on my phone is working fine, even the charging and missed call notification sounds.

What should I do?
    DO you have the additional wav codec installed via preware? I was having similar issues until I removed it.
  3.    #3  
    No, I dont have the .wav codec.
    check your volume. seriously, sometimes it will be down to zero and you wont notice it.
    I had the same issue.. I removed all patches, and even did a hard reset... none of these work. I then decide to sign back into my palm profile. That did the trick.
  6.    #6  
    how do I sign out and back in to my palm profile?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    check your volume. seriously, sometimes it will be down to zero and you wont notice it.
    I've looked, not the problem, the music is actually not playing. You know how when you click play in the ringtones menu, and a bar goes from left to right showing the progress of the length of the song, it never moves. And the songs in the music player do the same thing. They also show 0:00 on both the left and right sides as if the song had no length.
    Try deleting the songs from your device while in USB mode and then add them back in. Then reboot your device.

Also make sure the files do not have any DRM.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Try deleting the songs from your device while in USB mode and then add them back in. Then reboot your device.

Also make sure the files do not have any DRM.
    Tried that, still did not work. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    I'm having the same problem. Actually, I bet if you try and play a video, it won't play as well. I'm still looking for a solution as well. Since I already cleared my patches, I might just do a Dr. when I get home. I think the only thing I installed was maybe the new Facebook beta...maybe?
  11.    #11  
    Yeah, i forgot to mention that. No videos will play, neither Youtube or USB.
    Not Facebook...at least I uninstalled it and did a restart, but still nothing. Couple hours until quiting time, any other thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by kholdstare622 View Post
    how do I sign out and back in to my palm profile?
    A webos doctor would be the better tool to use, and then sign back into your palm profile. This way you will not lose your data on your usb drive.(Pics, videos, music) Webos doctor link: http://en.m.webos-internals.org/wiki...edirected=true.
    I agree with Rush, time for the doctor.
    My phone came from the factory unable to play music and videos. Well, actually it would start to sometimes but then it would fail part way through. It was determined to be a defect in the processor and was replaced under warranty by palm.
    Don't know if this is your problem but it's one possibility.
    Visited the Doctor last night. All is right in the world. Although my saved package list in Preware only installed the first 5 things then crapped out on me. Had to install 50+ patches and apps one by one, but it also allowed me to do some spring (fall?) cleaning. Some things aren't liking Save?Restore either, but oh well.
    Sounds like an indexer problem, where the indexer still showed files that weren't actually on your /media/internal partition anymore. It happens.
    Well, I've had this problem also. Not exactly sure what this indexer problem is, but that doesn't sound like what this is.

Anyhow, after using the Palm Chat feature on this amazing device, it was determined as a hardware problem and Palm agreed to replace my Pre. I couldn't agree to their terms for replacement and I called Sprint to discuss. They generated a ticket, and directed me to a Sprint repair center. I just got my replacement last week, and it worked just fine... UNTIL THREE HOURS AGO!

The same problem has reared it's ugly head and it really has me at a loss. Any realistic, tested fixes are welcome.

Thanks!
    Nope. I pay for all of my music, so pirated media is not it either.
    So, after the Doctor things we fine, until last night. Same thing again. I updated some applications, so that might have done it...Preware, Govnah, Space Alarm, Farkle, and pReader, in case you were wondering.

As for indexing, if the whole system is screwed up, I could maybe see that as a cause, but I am definitly trying to play files that are there.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast