Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Don't know if this will help either, but after some testing, here are apps that are/aren't affected:

Don't Work- Music Player, Music Player Remix 2.0, Video Player, Youtube, Radio Time, Sprint TV, Camera, Radio Time, simple sound apps (Doughboy, Cow Says Moo, Rockus ABC's, Vuvuzela), Timepiece

DO Work- PDK Games, White Noise Light, ESFx, Mutlitouch Guitar, miniPiano, Photos

Don't know if the working apps have another way of playing music (they may all be PDK apps, not sure...) but it's like the basic music and video API's are messed up.

Thoughts?
    Not sure if my problem is related to others in this thread, but I came here after discovering that the mp3 codec is no longer supported on my pre. I have various patches installed, uberkernel, govnah, et al. but I haven't changed anything recently and it was working just fine until today. If somebody has a suggestion, great, but I just wanted to add the information about it possible being a codec problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcherryholmesd View Post
    I just wanted to add the information about it possible being a codec problem.
    Can I ask how you found this out? I can sort of assume that your MP3's won't play, but something in AAC will?

That would make some sense, but wouldn't explain all video for me (I know that some of mine is encoded in H.264 with AAC sound), or the camera not functioning. Good point though.
    Happened again...dang it. It was working well after my second Doctor for the same problem, and I had had hesitations with updating Uberkernel and Govnah because that seemed to trigger the problem last time. I figured after a week it was worth trying the updates again...it still worked for a few hours afterwards, but then a podcast stopped right in the middle of playing and now everything is messed up again. guess another reset is in store. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone at WebOS Internals want to check out why historically "safe" updates are screwing me over now?
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    DO you have the additional wav codec installed via preware? I was having similar issues until I removed it.
    What other codecs are available to add support for other than .wav?
    Hi there, did anyone manage to overcome this issue? I meta-Dr'd my O2 Pre- to 2.1.0 and am now experiencing the exact same issue. I really hope there is a fix...
    Quote Originally Posted by Erazor View Post
    Hi there, did anyone manage to overcome this issue? I meta-Dr'd my O2 Pre- to 2.1.0 and am now experiencing the exact same issue. I really hope there is a fix...
    Go back while you still can!!!!LOL
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kholdstare622 View Post
    Last night my phone sort of restarted itself. After installing some app updates in preware, i restarted my phone and suddenly i needed to log into my palm profile and a lot of my stuff was reset to factory settings. Not a big deal, just started reinstalling my patches and kernal. But this morning, I noticed that my phone wasnt playing any of my ringtones when I got a call or text. I went to Sounds and Ringtones app and would try to play them, but they do not play. I went to the Music app, and my songs will not play. They also will not play in Music (Remix). Everything else on my phone is working fine, even the charging and missed call notification sounds.

What should I do?
    Are you still able to hear people when you get an incoming phone call?? And make sure what ever videos you are trying to watch are in the format that your phone is set to play them in, this may have reset like all of your other settings did (possibly even for music)!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am also having this issue with a Sprint FrankenPre Plus on 2.1.0. I do have a couple things to mention that happened within about 24hrs prior to the issue. I was trying to get playlists to display on my device.

I am using Windows 7 and MediaMonkey 3... for my music. I did notice although Windows 7 would tell me it is safe to remove my device it really was not. I was using the icon on the lower right of the screen for removing devices. This happened to me twice. Both times the Pre told me it recovered my files and everything was okay. I could still play music and video at this point. I now go to My Computer and eject by right clicking on the Pre and selecting eject. This works every time.

The next thing I tried was installing a patch to enable media sync. When I connected my Pre was recognized as an Ipod video device. iTunes informed me I needed to reformat my device for it to function correctly. I canceled and did not allow this. I did however, use MediaMonkey to perform a sync. I did not try to play any files at this point. My playlists still did not show up.

The next thing I tried was installing a script to MediaMonkey to change "\" to"/" for playlists. It worked however, it crashed Windows 7 the first time I used it. This resulted in a blue screen. I rebooted and ran I virus scan with Avast. All was well. I tried again and this MediaMonkey worked as expected. I could now see my playlists.

The problem now though is I cannot play any music. All song files display 0.00 and -0.00. My music ringtones don't work. Music does not play in 3D games. This is with or without a headset. My alarms do not play. I can hear the other person on a call and vice versa is fine. My loaded video content will not play. My photos load up and display but my, camera acts as though it is trying to load but, does not. If I minimize it card I see the buttons appear briefly during the card transition. Once it settles to the background they disappear.

If I use flash in the web browser audio and video play perfectly.
    I am at a loss or what it could be???????

Is there a way to doctor my FrankenPre Plus back to webOS 1.2? I think this was the last doctor to overwrite the whole device. Maybe it was 1.2.1. Either way maybe going back to that doctor and allowing it to run on the whole device might solve the issue. I am wondering if it does need to be formatted like iTunes suggested. Would the earlier doctor do that? Is there currently an option to reformat the USB partition from HP/Palm if need be? Then I can meta-doctor to 2.1.0. Any suggestions from the community?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12