1.    #1  
    excuse this if it's completely stupid, but it's just a question. I just got a brand new palm pre plus under warranty, but I was wondering when the palm pre 2 comes out on verizon (if it does) that I could trade in my current pre plus and pay the difference? I don't know how all of this works, but like I said just wondering.
    if you've had it for 30 days, you will have to to keep it for one year before they will discount the upgrade. If you have had many problems and many replacements, sometimes they will give you the 1 year upgrade price.
  3.    #3  
    yikes.. So I'd have to wait till like may or april.. Somewhere along the lines of those months. Thank you.
    I have been with Verizon for several years and generally they will give you a $100.00 discount for every year of your contract on top of any introductory or manufacture program pricing. Of course since you are under contract with them most stores will work with you to upgrade or swap out equipment if you offer to extend your contract.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    instead of going to the store, call customer service. they are much more helpful. the store is all commissioned sales people and they are less than helpful.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I have been with Verizon for several years and generally they will give you a $100.00 discount for every year of your contract on top of any introductory or manufacture program pricing. Of course since you are under contract with them most stores will work with you to upgrade or swap out equipment if you offer to extend your contract.
    what do you mean if I want to extend my contract? Because I'm on a family plan, I'm not the account manager so I don't know what I could do. I don't know if I should get the pre 2 or wait for something better. Lol I'm so indecisive. Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    excuse this if it's completely stupid, but it's just a question. I just got a brand new palm pre plus under warranty, but I was wondering when the palm pre 2 comes out on verizon (if it does) that I could trade in my current pre plus and pay the difference? I don't know how all of this works, but like I said just wondering.
    I am in much the same boat. If Pre2 lives up to its billing of sturdier hardware, smoother operation without the hitches, and longer battery life, I am all for trading in my current Pre+.
    Verizon Upgrade Eligibility Program works as follows

You Become Eligible for a Upgrade once the following conditions are met

Annual Upgrade
    What do I have to do to get a new phone with Annual Upgrade?

You must be registered for My Verizon, be on a calling plan of $49.99 or higher and have completed at least 1 year of a 2-year contract and agree to renew for an additional 2 years in order to get a new phone at a promotional price. It’s as easy as that.
    If you dont fall into that category than you need to wait for 18 months..

Please note that if you are add-a-line to a Family share you do Not meet the requirement for annual upgrade since you are a 9.99 price plan.
    Best bet, sadly, is to wait for your upgrade to kick in and renew your contract. New phone in any other fashion is usually ridiculously expensive...
    I feel your pain. I got my pre in May of this year and will have to wait for next year to upgrade to a new palm device. It's sad.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I feel your pain. I got my pre in May of this year and will have to wait for next year to upgrade to a new palm device. It's sad.
    There has to be someway around it! Theres always a way! Haha I hope I can get one early!
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    There has to be someway around it! Theres always a way! Haha I hope I can get one early!
    Well if you find a way, let me know. That Pre 2 is looking good.