1.    #1  
    My phone keeps rebooting. It starts to boot, goes from the palm screen to a small round arrow moving around, then turns off, and starts the cycle again. Over and over.

I have downloaded webosdoc twice with no luck yet, so now Im going through palm's website and letting java do things itself. I did find that plugging in the usb, holding up, then putting battery in put the phone in some usb mode, but I dont know if that will make any difference. It seems this rebooting thing is going to be the death of this phone.

Anyone else had this?
    Quote Originally Posted by motocrosser View Post
    My phone keeps rebooting. It starts to boot, goes from the palm screen to a small round arrow moving around, then turns off, and starts the cycle again. Over and over.

I have downloaded webosdoc twice with no luck yet, so now Im going through palm's website and letting java do things itself. I did find that plugging in the usb, holding up, then putting battery in put the phone in some usb mode, but I dont know if that will make any difference. It seems this rebooting thing is going to be the death of this phone.

Anyone else had this?
    IDK if my issue was exactly the same as yours but my Pre would start to boot at the Palm logo then as soon as the Palm glow screen would start it would jump back to the Palm logo and continue on that loop forever. I tried the volume up , plug into outlet, get the USB screen, plug into computer to doctor but it would always fail at 8% because that's when it starts to boot....then it would just disconnect from Novacom and p*** me off! I took it to Sprint and they replaced the motherboard, essentially, and I was back in business. They said it was toast....
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Reply to Motocrosser

Have you installed anything new lately?
    If yes, plug your phone into the charger when it's plugged into the wall or your computer and then try to turn on your phone (while plugged in). Then uninstall the last thing that could have caused it.

If not, hopefully someone else has a good pointer? Good Luck

Anyone else had this?
    I don't know what you want to hear? Answer to your question: I don't.
    Could you manage to boot in USB mode (by holding volume and turn on)?
    Could you start the Dr.? What is the problem?
    Maybe just my poor english. Sorry.

Anyone else had this?
    Download the latest WebOS doctor for your carrier from Palm's support site and when it comes up in that usb mode you mentioned run the WebOS Dr.

EDIT... Make sure the USB cable is plugged into the computer when doing what you described above. It is called recovery mode.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 10/21/2010 at 07:27 AM.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups

Anyone else had this?
    I had the same issue once, and was able to break the cycle by doing a soft reboot (Option key+sym+R key). The phone booted after that. It's worth a try.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  7.    #7  
    Well after HOURS of messing with webOS, I got it all reloaded. I tried all the "non destructive" methods of rebooting with no luck. But putting the phone in recovery mode (USB image on screen), then going through palm's website for webosdoc, it downloaded a webosdoc that would actually work (I tried like 3 versions). But anyway its all fixed now.

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys!