Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I'm returning my palm pre to the Sprint store due to me unable to get it out of offline mode(many other users have had the same problem).

I doctored it, but I need to get into USB mode so I can delete some of my stuff. The only screen when I turn it on is the activation screen, however since due to no signal, it won't let me and displays an error.

I've tried the conventional method, (volume up, plug in,) and it goes to the USB screen, but my computer does not read it like normal.

Please help
    alt+sym+U will do the trick
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Already tried, plugged it in, orange+sym+U, does not work
    Follow these instructions from Palm's Developer program to bypass activation long enough to access and delete the USB partition:

Developing on an Unactivated Device - HP Palm Developer Center

{Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Follow these instructions from Palm's Developer program to bypass activation long enough to access and delete the USB partition:

Developing on an Unactivated Device - HP Palm Developer Center

{Jonathan}
    Oh god, should have waited. I spent the last 3 hours installing Linux, and doing the whole meta-doctor editing. Didn't think to Google developing on unactivated phones.

Regardless, thanks for the future reference
    Old thread, but I'm going to respond to it anyway, since this is the only thread I could find on precentral forums about this particular issue.

That link (that Jonathan Ezor posted nearly a year ago) didn't work for me.. I think this is the same page though: https://developer.palm.com/content/r...ed_device.html
    I'm guessing the link just changed a tiny bit in the past year.

I also had an issue because my computer was downloading the activation bypass tool as a zip file.. I was able to extract it, but then it was several folders of files and I didn't know which one to select. Turns out I just had to change the file extension to .jar. I didn't have to do the command line stuff (I tried, but my computer did not recognize the commands), just double clicked to run it from the desktop after changing the file extension.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    When I did my franken pre I broke the volume button, how do I bypass activation now?