Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Try scrolling around fast. No stutter. Look at the bottom right busy spinner thing. It's different than anywhere else in webos or old facebook.

Am I nuts or is there something special going on?
    It certainly seems faster to me
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Definitely quicker and the loading wheel seems much smoother.

This morning, though, I was prompted twice from a weird screen to "upgrade" to a new version of Facebook....version 1.2.1 (even though I have 1.4). Anyone else get that?
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    Definitely quicker and the loading wheel seems much smoother.

This morning, though, I was prompted twice from a weird screen to "upgrade" to a new version of Facebook....version 1.2.1 (even though I have 1.4). Anyone else get that?
    My beta FB app keeps asking me to upgrade to 1.3.1 lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I was getting it yesterday, but not anymore.
    Last edited by mpagano; 10/20/2010 at 06:20 PM. Reason: spelling
  6. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    cant be hardware accelerated because its not pdk
    Whatever they've done, it's snappier and yes, the spinning wheel is different than the web page spinning wheel...
    If they can make facebook lighting fast, why can't Palm make the email app the same. The most important app on everybody's Pre gotta be email. So as much as I know it is fun to get constant updates for facebook, I think it's time they pay more attention to email.
    Unless it is now a PDK app, it doesn't have hardware acceleration.
    I saw this posted on Twitter yesterday in regards to the spinner change:

@kpdecker @webOStoaster Wasn't sure if anyone would notice Is now @-webkit-keyframes rather than javascript frames.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  11.    #11  
    I don't think it is pdk but if it were, how does anyone know?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I received the nag screen too (to update to 1.3.1) and finally hit "Ignore". Haven't seen it since.

I've reported this to HPalm.

WyreNut
    Pre2/3/TouchPad, and TouchDroid user.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Try scrolling around fast. No stutter. Look at the bottom right busy spinner thing. It's different than anywhere else in webos or old facebook.

Am I nuts or is there something special going on?
    thought I was the only one.
    I have not been able to down load this app or it seems any app from the catalog now.
    saw it too. i thought i was seeing things. lol
    "So you can run and tell that, homeboy"
    The new spinner looks awesome. I like it!
    My spinner just keeps spinning but nothing loads...if I tap on profile it loads but tapping back on news and I just get the spinner (non-beta)
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

It is somewhat smoother for me; but it is definitely not a PDK app, not using hardware acceleration. Personally I can tell that when I'm running at 1ghz, but run your Pre at the default 500mhz and you'll see it even more clearly. Definitely no GPU action going on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    My beta FB app keeps asking me to upgrade to 1.3.1 lol
    My Beta does that and doesn't register touch and scroll to the bottom until I scroll toward the top.

Out of curiousity I tapped on the upgrade button and it takes you to the beta app page and doesn't show an update, just the launch button.

I downloaded the FB app from the app catalog (which also received the 1.4 update) and it doesn't do either of those things. It works fine and is smooth.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    The developer is @Kpdecker on twitter. He also posted he is looking into the false notification issue. Did you guys read my earlier post that he used webkit frames and not javascript frames?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast