1.    #1  
    I just received my refurbished replacement and within 10 minutes and a phone call to VZW it's on its way back. Another one is being sent.

I opened the box and the first thing I checked was the keyboard. The keys did not have the little tacky feel like mine nor the click feel when pressed. Ok I'm use to that and I can get use to one that doesn't have those (although I would miss it) BUT the big issue was the space bar, it never moved at all when pressed. It was solid. I was not about to transfer everything to that phone and not have it work. I know there is a chance the space bar might work but it might not either. I had others try it and nothing so I'm betting it doesn't work. So now I wait 2 more days for another.

It just irks me that I bought a new phone which I love and baby and I'm doomed to refurbished for a replacement since the ear piece is all static. I can use the speaker or a headset just fine.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    I feel your pain. Can you just go into VZW and just open up phone after phone till you get one that's solid?

And the Pre 2 is coming soon, lets hope it's a much better piece of hardware.
    yep, just make them keep sending them until they get it right.
    That's the risk you take with refurbish phones. I usually go to the branch myself and examine the phone personally. I'm glad you did the right thing and send that defective phone back.
    Do you have to send the phone back to get the replacement? Does VzW or ATT offer the option of an advanced replacement?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Husband who is with Verizon was told (at least locally here in Tucson) that they had to send them and no replacements were done locally. He was trying it the first 30 days when he had a headset issue (wouldn't clear at all but then I used some 'magic' canned air and fixed it).
    one of the same exact issues that i returned my 2nd or 3rd Pre for... the space bar had no tactile feedback when my last one did.. i was hitting spacebar 2-3 times and no feedback sucks.. it was like it was pressed down permanently. VERY annoying!

your not the only one! my next one had a screw fall out in the first 2 weeks i had it... inspect it very closely. The refurbs are HORRIBLE!!
  8.    #8  
    I tried to take it into the main Verizon store 50 miles from me and hope they would just exchange it there but no luck said they didn't have any so they ordered the refurbished. The spacebar had no movement at all on the refurbished. I texted alot so this wasn't going to work for me. I wish I could just get the issue with mine fixed and keep my phone.
    Jolie

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Same thing happened to me.. i'm on my 2nd refurb in a week. My original Pre Plus keyboard finally got too bad to use, the first refurb had a bad ear speaker but had a great keyboard. The phone I received today had a decent keyboard, but at least the ear speaker works.

Only time will tell.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I'm genuinely sorry to read this ... you clearly love your Pre.

Best wishes for No. 3!
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Ugh.. my Pre Plus #3 won't get a wi-fi signal, unless it's in the same room as the router.

Guess i'm on my way to refurb #4 in a week.
  12.    #12  
    Well, here's my update. I received replacement #2 this morning....same thing, spacebar won't move although the other keys were better. I passed both mine and the refurbished #2 around the office to make sure it wasn't in my head LOL everyone agreed. So back on the phone to VZW and asked the rep to put me through to someone who could help even if it was all the way up to the CEO. She got me to tech support who put Palm on the phone. I had received an email yesterday after I sent VZW an email explaining how unhappy I was. They gave me a location 100 miles away that had a technician so I called and was going to make a trip to get it fixed but LOL they haven't had a technician for awhile and then the tech only tells your what is wrong..doesn't fix the phone. Kind of the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. So my second email I complained about that and said I would prefer to get my phone repaired and not a replacement, doesn't matter how long it takes I still have 2 dumb phones I can hook up and use while my baby is getting repaired. Anyway Palm got on the line and did some tests (lol had no idea there is tests you can do on the phone now I do!) So I now have a service order number, instructions to ship my phone in after I hook one of my old phones back up for service and my baby is going to be fixed in 5-7 business days and returhed. Yea!!! At least I know how my phone has been treated and that everything works on it except the ear piece. Replacement #2 is being returned this afternoon. The Palm rep was awesome! She assured me I will get my original phone back, not a replacement!

Just FYI, I tried to go in and exchange it in a store but can't do that around here, none will let you. They make you go through VZW customer service/technical support and if they can't help you over the phone they send a refurbished. If I could have gotten a new in the box from a store or even sent to me I'm sure it would have been better than the refurbs. But no deal...tech support asked if I wanted to stay with Palm or change (I could hear the Droid word coming) and I said I absolutely wanted to stay with Palm.
    Last edited by joliejolie0930; 10/22/2010 at 01:23 PM.
    Jolie

on my 3rd pre. First refurb the 'U' key had a mind of it's own, and the horrible 'stuck key' syndrome. Must say though, Verizon's customer service has never let ME down, even though my wife did knee a rep in the balls. Soon they will get you decent one
    my refurb from sprint has worked great for 6mo... first on had a power button fail...SURPRISE!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I just had a similar problem yesterday with Verizon. I started having a problem of day 31 with my phone shutting down randomly. I called Verizon Tech support and did all the things that they asked. After completing all troubleshooting they agreed that I needed a different phone.

The Tech then said that they would send me a "like new" refurbed phone. I told them no, not happening...I want a new phone. He said, "We can't do that." I then stated that they could and I was only accepting a new phone. After a chat with the supervisor and the tech, they agreed to send me a new phone.

How lame, I have a problem, so you send me a phone that was returned because it had a problem. Stupid. Love the Pre...hate the service that Verizon provides with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by afrats View Post
    I just had a similar problem yesterday with Verizon. I started having a problem of day 31 with my phone shutting down randomly. I called Verizon Tech support and did all the things that they asked. After completing all troubleshooting they agreed that I needed a different phone.

The Tech then said that they would send me a "like new" refurbed phone. I told them no, not happening...I want a new phone. He said, "We can't do that." I then stated that they could and I was only accepting a new phone. After a chat with the supervisor and the tech, they agreed to send me a new phone.

How lame, I have a problem, so you send me a phone that was returned because it had a problem. Stupid. Love the Pre...hate the service that Verizon provides with it.
    Mine has been randomly shutting off as well, one minute my screen would be on and the next it goes off... Completely. I hadn't thought anything of it till reading your reply, think I'll call Verizon too.