1.    #1  
    I have a question for anyone willing to answer. I'm a subscriber of Verizon Wireless and I just got my first Palm phone (Palm Pre Plus) on October 5th. I love love the phone so far and the webOS system. Now that the Palm Pre 2 has been announced for Verizon I was wondering if I should take advantage of the 30 day return policy and return my Palm Pre Plus to wait for the Palm Pre 2? Is it worth it or should I just stick with the Palm Pre Plus and upgrade to webOS 2.0 when it's released?

Thank you so much!
    If you are willing to wait a couple months for the Pre2 to show up,

I dont see why not.
    I would try some applications that use GPS (i.e. Google maps) to see if your GPS is working properly. The GPS does not work on most Verizon Pre phones (you can do a forum search on 'gpsfix' to see discussions). You may want to turn it in if the GPS does not work.

Whether or not the GPS will function on the Pre2 is still unknown (I doubt that Verizon will pre-announce "broken GPS" as a feature in their ads for the Pre2!).

If you do turn your phone in and wait for the Pre2, I would check these forums to see if the Pre2 GPS works before buying. You may want to use the GPS someday!
    If you think that the spec bump is what you want in a phone then you should wait for the Pre 2 but remember that you will be getting webOS 2.0 soon on your Pre Plus.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    All you really get is the 1Ghz Processor, 5MP camera and new screen type. If that is enough for you then use the 30 day policy (since it costs you nothing) and go for it!

But WebOS 2.0 will almost certainly come out for all Palm Pre's very close to that time anyway, so that really isn't an advantage.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Heck yes.
    if I were the OP, I would return it and wait. until then, you could certainly get a new one.
    I'm gonna keep my Pre and wait on (sighs if it ever comes) Sprint's upgrade for OS...unless I get impatient and move to the Epic (shudders - no I won't do it).
    Yes, yes, yes... return it before the 29days returning policy ends. Pre2 so, so much better. To some people it might not be too much, but for others... there is a big difference. :-D
  10. Duo
    Yes! Absolutely!!! Without a doubt!
    I think that I would in your situation. But how will you cope for a couple of months without webOS on your phone?
    Go buy a Pre at Sprint so they run out of stock and have to carry Pre2's
    I'd say yes if the speculation about the Pre2 being released for Verizon on November 11th is true. Otherwise I'd just stick with the Plus, probably only on a 1 year contract though.
    I'd return it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Yes, yes, yes... return it before the 29days returning policy ends. Pre2 so, so much better. To some people it might not be too much, but for others... there is a big difference. :-D
    So where'd your avatar go, Rush?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I would hang on to the phone until closer to your 30 days (Nov 1) and decide based on the information that is out then. If the Pre 2 is expected really close after I would say make the jump to the Pre 2 if not then you have to decide how long you are willing to not have a webOS phone.