1.    #1  
    I am sure thre is a way to do this, I just can't seem to find it.

What I am trying to do is temporarily disable my Pre Plus' radio (GSM phone and data) and just use wi-fi for internet connectivity when I am out of the country. Then easily turn it back on again when I come back home. Turning on wifi after putting the phone in airplan mode does not seem to work correctly.

Yes, I know I can unlock my phone an use an international SIM card, but that is not currently an option.

Any thoughts on how to do this? THANKS!
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    What makes you think it isn't acting correctly?

Otherwise, Preware has a bunch of device menu mods, one of which can be to add advanced phone radio options
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Works fine I used my Pre for 2 1/2 months in JP, GB, DE, CK, AS, FR, PT SP and USA. Doing an OTA upgrade is not easy though. Unfortunately I had to carry another GSM phone with an international SIM card for phone calls.
    Put the phone in airplane mode and then turn on wifi.
    I used my phone in airplane mode with wifi on just fine, within 48 hours of getting the phone in fact. What makes you think it isn't working?
    +1 to bevcraw's post. I do this all the time. I have a patch installed that lets me do it from the device menu so I can see/do it quickly. In fact, I am in that mode now while typing this post just to prove the point. In the top bar I have the airplane symbol and the wifi symbol. Works great, and save battery, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    +1 to bevcraw's post. I do this all the time. I have a patch installed that lets me do it from the device menu so I can see/do it quickly.
    My Pre has been set up that way for over a year now lol... Amazing battery life, btw.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.