1.    #1  
    I just got my palm pre stolen

After filling my report to the police, I canceled credit cards and my cellpone chip.

Then I realized that they could acces my facebook, twitter, etc. of course they need to change the sim card to one with internet connection.

What can I do?

Thanks.
    Go to the Palm website, log into your account and remote-wipe your device.

Palm: Manage My Device Login

(Log in with the same email and password you used on your device)
    They can use wifi! No but seriously, you can remotely wipe your phone.

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - How to remotely erase your phone
    I would also log into Facebook, email, and any other place you are worried about and change the passwords right away.
    Did you have a pin or password lock on the phone? That would keep them from doing anything on there. I hope everything gets taken care of!
    Remote wipe will also make the device unusable forever.

So its a nice little **** you to the person who stole your Pre.
    Activate the remote detonate!! it will bombard them with radio waves then explode... hope they go F ing blind and die of cancer...
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Remote wipe will also make the device unusable forever.
    So its a nice little **** you to the person who stole your Pre.
    Remote wiping does not make it unusable forever. It simply wipes all account info, settings, and USB content from the device and takes it back to the initial log-in screen. Reporting it as stolen to the carrier will cause the ESN to be locked - is what makes it unusable.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/19/2010 at 11:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Remote wiping does not make it unusable forever. It simply wipes all account info, settings, and USB content from the device and takes it back to the initial log-in screen. Reporting it as stolen to the carrier will cause the ESN to be locked - is what makes it unusable.
    ...until it is flashed to another carrier after being sold on ebay.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks to all, Ive done ase you sugested, I didn't have a pin code, and I'm still worried they can view my email offline.

Is it posible for them to do this?
    Once you remote wipe the device, they can't access or use anything.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    ...until it is flashed to another carrier after being sold on ebay.
    Can you flash to another carrier with a bad ESN? My limited understanding is that once the ESN is locked on one carrier, that's it. Flashing changes the software, but the ESN is tied to the radio board itself. I can get new keys for my car, but if the city has a boot on the car I still can't go anywhere.
    should have installed the where's my phone app. And you could hunt down the <guy> yourself
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/20/2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: language filter
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    should have installed the where's my phone app. And you could hunt down the <guy> yourself
    Omaha huh? I'm there right now
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Can you flash to another carrier with a bad ESN? My limited understanding is that once the ESN is locked on one carrier, that's it. Flashing changes the software, but the ESN is tied to the radio board itself. I can get new keys for my car, but if the city has a boot on the car I still can't go anywhere.
    you can flash to another carrier.. some regional carriers will add esn's to their db regardless if it was lost or stolen
    Sorry to hear about your loss!
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Once you remote wipe the device, they can't access or use anything.
    Yes, but what if they remove the sim card before I did the remote swipe?
    with no sim card, no 3g and no wifi, can you acces the phone?

This worries me... the dude threatened to find me and kill me if I went to the police. and since I live in a highly conflictive city (chihuahua city) I am quite concerned. what if he sees my activities on my calendar or personal info on my email.

I know its just a fear tactic but with these people, who knows...
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    you can flash to another carrier.. some regional carriers will add esn's to their db regardless if it was lost or stolen
    updated FAQ with this info
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Thanks for the info... That's actually quite..... sad.