Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I noticed that someone on WebosWorld is offering to upgrade Sprint Pre's to Pre+'s, for a fee (url: webOS World Offers Sprint Palm Pre “Plussing Service” WebOS World ).

This got me wondering: do you think that a Pre, Pre plus, or Pre2 could be "upgraded" to 32GB? I'd really like some extra storage and would probably be willing to pay for a chip and for someone to put it in, even though I know this would void my warranty.

Anyone have any thoughts on how difficult it would be to upgrade the memory on any of the Pre (original, plus, and Pre 2)?
    that 'upgrade' is just swapping the sprint radio in to a pre plus, which has more memory. The memory itself can't be changed
    Hey hopfrog,

I responded to your comment on our service announcement, but I'll reply here as well:

Cantaffordit is correct. The service we provide is just us doing what someone on this forum has posted complete step-by-step instructions on how to do. It's swapping cable connected components inside the two phones. Swapping the moviNAND components, or the tiny little chip that contains the flash memory, will be very expensive and difficult. It is also pretty much impossible without a microfabrication setup as there's solder mask, encapsulation, as well as under the chip ball joints connecting the chip to the flexible circuit.

What this all means, is that it is impractical for someone to offer such a service, unless they have a dedicated micro-electronics facility on hand. This would also end up being an extremely expensive procedure (for end users) as it would have to be a side project or a huge mass ordered procedure for someone who owns a facility such as this.

In other words, it would be extremely difficult to increase the physical storage space on the phone with these methods.

Sorry!
    um no
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->