Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Anyone know the pinouts for USB on the original Pre motherboard? I'm trying to get tokens off an old Sprint Palm Pre, and the connector is gone. I'm hoping the 5 connectors on the back of the motherboard can be used to solder on a USB cable--they look easier to solder than where the connector was.. I have searched around and found other pinouts but not of the USB.

Preware is not installed, and I can't think of another way to get access to the filesystem since I can't use webosquickinstall or novaterm.

I already have a 15-watt soldering iron, hoping that will be cool enough that I don't melt the board. Thanks!

Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Oh, I see the pins there from the connector. I already found out which way those go. Those are a little small, and so I was hoping the pins on the other side (from the first photo) correspond. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    Oh, I see the pins there from the connector. I already found out which way those go. Those are a little small, and so I was hoping the pins on the other side (from the first photo) correspond. Thanks.
    They should be. Solder USB ports are almost always just straight through.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I have the same problem. The "5" of the micro USB pin broke and I was thinking of replacing it. However, the internal pins that connect to the logic board is close together and it looks like it fans out as on the other side of the board (top picture). You could try using an Omh meter and ring out the pins (bottom picture) and see which one it would be on the other side (top picture).

Are you trying to solder the micro USB pins so you can retrieve data? Or are you trying to install a new micro USB port?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I was trying to solder micro USB pins so I could retrieve the data. I wound up trying to re-solder it a few ways and damaged the pins on the board... should have only soldered it once and changed connectors a different way. Oh well. I wound up scrapping that board. Thanks though!