View Poll Results: Which Should Sprint Do?

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint, Please Get the Pre2!

104 54.45%
  • Sprint, Just Focus on the Next Gen Palm Phone!

87 45.55%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    I think it would be awful if Sprint doesn't get the Pre2, but with that said, my Pre minus is working fine and I don't see upgrading until I need a new phone. I don't have to have the newest thing right away. If my Pre breaks when my one year upgrade time comes, then I'd like to have a Pre 2 to replace it.
    I think a lot of people are making the mistake in thinking Sprint even has plans for accepting a next generation Palm device. There may not be one.
    HELL YES i want sprint to get the pre 2 and any other web os devices
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    this is making the work I put into my pre to pre plus swap better and better. Overclocked to 1ghz and have everything else this phone has except the upgraded camera. Give me 2.0 and I'll wait til CES at least.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d1sturbd View Post
    this is making the work I put into my pre to pre plus swap better and better. Overclocked to 1ghz and have everything else this phone has except the upgraded camera. Give me 2.0 and I'll wait til CES at least.
    And you don't have that nice Glass screen. That would be the main reason I'd upgrade to the Pre2
    I have been a Pre owner for a while and don't really see the need for a Pre 2. The next Palm device to come out for Sprint should have alot bigger Touchscreen, integrated On Screen Keyboard, and a nice processor. A "4" or "4.3" inch screen would be sweet for the Palm Pre. That should of been added for the Palm Pre 2. If you notice, the screen is the same size on all 3 models of the Pre (just a hint HP).
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Do you Sprint Pre users really care about Sprint getting a Pre2?
    No.
    I'll wait for the real device. After seeing the demo, I'm even more convinced that the Pre 2 is a very minor spec bump.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    I really don't care about the Pre2, I am waiting for the next-gen SUPER device. But I don't like the way things are looking for Sprint/Palm. Sprint got skipped on the + and now the Pre2. Who knows if they are going to even get the next HP device... that is what has got me worried.
    I agree, but I do care about the pre2. Since it's not on sprint I'll give the epic a shot. Next year about this time, if sprint has a hp webOS phone I'll take a good look at it.

I just hope in 1 years time, verizon doesn't manage to kill webOS off completely. I really think they will and imo it's now up to the gsm folks around the world to keep webOS alive.
    I do care very much. I really want that phone > no doubt. o_O
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I'll wait for the real device. After seeing the demo, I'm even more convinced that the Pre 2 is a very minor spec bump.
    Couldn't agree more. I would rather wait for the flagship device. The Pre2 isn't bad or anything, but it's basically a Pre++.

Hopefully we'll hear some good news at CES.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariste View Post
    And you don't have that nice Glass screen. That would be the main reason I'd upgrade to the Pre2
    Seriously?
    I stil don't really understand the big hub bub. Alotve people are complaining about the hardware, but if any those are Sprint users they really shouldn't have any issues with the device being on Big Red. I personally want webOS to be successful and I think launching this on Verizon is the best thing for HPalm to do. Just my two cents...
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I'll have the palm 2 with the update 2.0 .I already have 1 gz with the overclocking
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    I care, I would get it. My only problem with the hardware is no autofocus for the camera, but my life would go on.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Apps:

Turn the Dial Radio Directory (Phones)
    8-bit Miner (TouchPad)
    Turn the Dial Digital Edition (TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Interesting. I really have no interest in a "super phone." I'm not a teenager and I don't need video games, or to watch long movies on my phone. I don't need a front-facing camera to stream videos of my face to all my friends.

I'd like a phone with a keyboard that fits in my pocket and is ready to go. So for me the "Super Phone" would be pretty boring and pointless, if it is the kind of EVO-clone that gets discussed around here.

I want a Pre2 on Sprint or nothing! (except that I might also be interested in a Blackberry torch, however).
    I can deal without Sprint taking on the Pre 2, but if they are abandoning WebOS altogether, then that would be a real big problem for 10+ year Sprint Customer.

T-Mobile offers about the same pricing!

So I will wait until Jan's CES, then I'll either be happy with Sprint and HP or I will be jumping ship.... but which ship?

I'm so addicted to WebOS and I've invested so much MONEY and time in WebOS, that I think I know which ship already!

Rob

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I'll move to a cheaper carrier/any phone when my pre dies. Unless sprint has a newer webos phone available. Yes, kinda pi$$ed we get no option on this one, no pre+ & now no pre2,not looking good for webos on sprint users.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    i just want anything to come out to keep the os alive, android phones come out almost once a week. webos feels like it is dying, anything that will keep it alive and drive dev's to make apps for webos instead of everything android and iphone would be great. whether or not I'll blow my phone upgrade on it i don't know, but any progress would be great
    Well, let's hope a super WebOS phone is on the way if Sprint isn't getting the second Pre. And soon.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast