View Poll Results: Where do your loyalties exist?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carrier (VZW, Sprint, etc.)

33 37.08%
  • Device (Palm Pre, iPhone, HTC EVO, etc.)

6 6.74%
  • OS (webOS, iOS, Android, etc.)

34 38.20%
  • I just get what fits my needs.

16 17.98%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, with all this screaming of Sprint/webOS loyalists, I am just wondering where everyone's loyalties really exist. Is it with the carrier, with a particular device, or with an OS?

I guess what I am really asking is if (and that's a big, huge IF) Sprint never carries another webOS device, would you leave to go to VZW, AT&T, etc? And likewise if VZW never allows the Pre 2 to access aGPS, would you go to Sprint?

So, where do you loyalties exist? Honestly, I think mine exist with the carrier.
    Neither. I just get what fits my needs.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Neither. I just get what fits my needs.

DOH! Wish I would have had the smarts to add that as a fourth option....
    I'm price loyal! LOL. Sprint offers the best value. 69.99ED450 + yearly upgrades(Wish I could use my poor little upgrade sitting there waiting) + Employee discount.

But if another carrier came out with a similar prices plans with same features there is a chance I would jump ship if a phone came out that I wanted.
    I'd love to be able to be loyal to WebOS no matter what carrier but looking at the same options on all the carriers that I get on Sprint, I'd be spending over $1,000 more per year! That is more than an unlocked phone - every year!
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    I'm price loyal!
    Oh yes, this too. I pulled the trigger for the Bell Pre because of the monthly discount, then banging my head on my desk when they upped the discount shortly after I got it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Please put an option in for $$ loyal. I have no problem switching to Verizon but not for $15/mo more than I'm paying on Sprint for similar service (and still no unlimited mobile-to-mobile regardless of network).
    carrier.
    Whomever serves my needs the best.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Meh, it doesn't matter. People can interpret the poll to mean what best fits their needs as well. Loyalty is often developed for things that continue to fit the needs of the person. In some cases the carrier provides the best value so the consumer is loyal to them. In other cases the OS or device pulls more weight and they go to the carrier that has the device they want at the time.

What I wonder is how many people would switch from national carriers to regional carriers if they had that option with the devices they wanted, especially in the case of webOS devices since I don't know of any regional US carriers that have either of these devices.
    Loyal to Sprint, in a sense. (The actual truth is that it's my wife who's loyal to Sprint and I wish to keep peace in the marriage).

I personally am loyal to Palm & webOS.... will keep my Pre-minus until it dies and if necessary replace it with another Pre-minus. If they become unavailable, only then would I consider switching to Android. Which would be a big bummer, because there aren't any Android phones I like. Would probably go with the Epic, but I really don't like landscape keyboards.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    <<done>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Carrier, I don't plan on switching from at&t.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I'm a fan*gender* of my carrier until a cheaper one comes along.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    1.Carrier

2.OS

3.Device
    Partially both. It doesn't really matter in Canada. The big 3 (Telus, Rogers & Bell all equally gouge us), the off-shoot carriers (Koodo, Chat-R, Fido & Solo) only work in supporting cities as does Wind. As much as I dislike Bell, I'm sure I would equally dislike the other carriers. I've had my Pre since February, have learned the OS, the UI, the gestures, Homebrew etc. It's been a long process but like what I have. I'm sure that whatever HPwebOS device is out when my contract is up, will be the phone I pick next time. Not really interested in learning a new OS, but hey, 2 years is a long time, maybe i'll just opt for the new brain-implanted retina heads up display, mind reading, futuristic device.
    I am loyal to Carrier and Device. 11 years with Sprint and then switched my wife to Sprint from AT&T. My first smart phone was with Palm and 5 variants later, I am with the Pre. I think Palm makes good devices so coupled with Sprint's affordability, improved service, and Palm's durable devices, I am going to patiently wait for the next Palm device.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I am staying with sprint (advantageplus plan). Nothing can beat it.

I am going to stay with my current Pre as long as I can (at most 4-6 more months), and if there is nothing by then from Palm on Sprint, unfortunately I have to leave webOS
    For most, every time we get a new phone, it's a 2 year contract extension with the carrier, not the OS or manufacturer.

So like it our not, the carrier is what we are tied to.

I am not sure that is loyalty as much indenture.

Google tried to market the Nexus as an unlocked phone not tied to any carrier earlier this year. The market shunned it so badly that it was the only Android ever to get pulled off the market in only a few months without a replacement.

- Craig
    I look for best cost value and service. To me that is Sprint.

I love my Palm Pre and will keep it until the next Palm version unless I think something will better fit my needs.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast