View Poll Results: Where do your loyalties exist?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carrier (VZW, Sprint, etc.)

33 37.08%
  • Device (Palm Pre, iPhone, HTC EVO, etc.)

6 6.74%
  • OS (webOS, iOS, Android, etc.)

34 38.20%
  • I just get what fits my needs.

16 17.98%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    For most, every time we get a new phone, it's a 2 year contract extension with the carrier, not the OS or manufacturer.
    But with the Pemier Sprint customers we can still upgrade each 12 months tub the next contract only goes 2 years from that date ... at least for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    For most, every time we get a new phone, it's a 2 year contract extension with the carrier, not the OS or manufacturer.

So like it our not, the carrier is what we are tied to.

I am not sure that is loyalty as much indenture.

Google tried to market the Nexus as an unlocked phone not tied to any carrier earlier this year. The market shunned it so badly that it was the only Android ever to get pulled off the market in only a few months without a replacement.

- Craig
    That depends a lot on the carrier and what you are willing to pay for your device's up front cost. I know Verizon you can choose a 1 year or a 2 year contract and the difference is usually around $100 up front cost for the device.

The 'unlocked' concept doesn't work as well in the US because of subsidies and 2 of the 4 national carriers rarely, if ever, allow unlocked devices on to their networks.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    No way I'm leaving Sprint. I love the Pre, and webOS, but if it ever came to the point that Sprint no longer carried HPalm and my Pre dies, I'll have to learn to downgrade to an Android phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeitz View Post
    No way I'm leaving Sprint. I love the Pre, and webOS, but if it ever came to the point that Sprint no longer carried HPalm and my Pre dies, I'll have to learn to downgrade to an Android phone.
    Yes and on a cheaper/regional carrier, both hp & sprint can kiss it if it that happens. Love my pre for now but will "dumbphone" if forced by hp & sprint.
    CDMA > GSM

Sprint $ < VZW $

Seems pretty clear to me that Sprint wins, and has done so for the last decade I've been with them. Don't see myself leaving. I'm certainly not loyal to any OS. The thing that brought me to webOS was the Palm Pixi's form factor. But I'd be happy with a Motorola Charm, if they brought that to Sprint too.

What's with the feminine names for this form factor anyway? Just occurred to me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12