Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Guys, I know there are a lot of ticked off Sprint users out there about the Pre 2, I don't want this thread to get into that....

What I do want to know is do we have official confirmation from HP that webOS 2.0 will indeed run (and be pushed to) our Sprint Pres?

I think all the features look terrific, but with the limited memory how in the world are we going to deal with Stacks when we get so many TMC errors? Sure, right now we have to rely on our homebrew gods who fix the kernel to reduce the frequency of this error, but is HPalm addressing any of this in the webOS 2.0 -- did they fix the kernel?

I love the homebrew community, but I guess I don't want to have to rely on a 3rd party to make my device usable with an OS version.

Anyone seen any kind of official announcement to either of these two issues: 1) webOS 2.0 on Sprint Pre and 2) any fixes to kernel in webOS 2.0?
    Damn, I completely forgot TMC error existed...yeah, definitely not going to work with Stacks unless they made some serious speed improvements and resource improvements independent of relying on the faster processor and more RAM. The web browser eats the phone alive...playing music and trying to surf or twitter is a recipe for disaster.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    very good point.
    WebOS 2.0 will not be coming to Sprint Pre's
    where did you get your info irobot?
    it's called common sense. You dont stick a Ferrari engine in a Pinto.
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
    WebOS 2.0 will not be coming to Sprint Pre's
    So well informed! You Rock!!!!

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Webos 2.0 is coming to the palm pre... look at palm's website Palm USA | Palm Pre Family | Full featured for the full-on life. it says that "web os 2.0 available in the coming months"
    it's called common sense. You dont stick a Ferrari engine in a Pinto.
    You mean Punto.
    it will come to sprint pres and other pres and pixi within months
    webOS 2.0 will come to the Pre Minus. If you think about it logically, Stacks shouldn't pose too much of a memory issue unless you start running MORE apps than you usually do. It's really just a UI change that puts apps on top of each other instead of next-to.

Now, Flash on the other hand.. that could be interesting on a Pre Minus..
    Quote Originally Posted by en0x View Post
    it will come to sprint pres and other pres and pixi within months
    no it will not.
    Quote Originally Posted by the13th View Post
    Webos 2.0 is coming to the palm pre... look at palm's website Palm USA | Palm Pre Family | Full featured for the full-on life. it says that "web os 2.0 available in the coming months"
    it says nothing about it coming to Sprint Pre's <<deleted by mod>>. The old Sprint Pre can not handle 2.0 and especially not flash. It would be like bricking the thing.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 10/19/2010 at 11:07 AM.
    no it will not.
    <<deleted by mod>>

proof
    http://mobile.twitter.com/palm/status/27840742297
    Twitter

for those who don't want to click I tweeted palm this am they confirmed it will be coming.

from palm
    @windzilla The webOS 2.0 update will be delivered to current customers in the coming months
    22 minutes ago*from web*in reply to windzilla

palm
    Last edited by bevcraw; 10/19/2010 at 11:07 AM.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    If you go to palm's webpage you'll notice that right next to the SPRINT palm pre it tells us that it is in fact coming to palm pre
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    Now, Flash on the other hand.. that could be interesting on a Pre Minus..
    Yeah, imagine having two web browsers running at the same time both running Flash, could be worse than trying to run two 3D games at the same time
    Pre minus should have no trouble running webOS 2.0, the video from sep 2009 showed Pre minus running flash as well without ANY problems. I think the major issue was battery which should be partially fixed with Ti3640 and the use of graphics chip more efficiently. I "think" it should come to PRE minus too.

What I am interested in is when is the mic API coming? I saw no indication that it was baked into webOS 2.0. I would really like to just talk to my phone rather than search for a contact and dial the number.
  18. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    in due time . . . I'm sure someone knows 'when' , just not those of us that want to know. Hurry HP~
    Palm USA | Palm Pre Phone | Features, Details

Pretty sure that says it is...
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    proof
    Twitter
    Twitter

for those who don't want to click I tweeted palm this am they confirmed it will be coming.
    Even if does come to Sprint Pres, do you really think running flash on this phone would be a good experience?
    Last edited by jbg7474; 10/19/2010 at 11:46 AM.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast