1.    #1  
    I'm getting an ATT Pre + for use on Tmo. But I don't want the ATT branding on the back mirror. I know it was possible to remove on certain Treos, and impossible on the Pixi. Can it be removed? If it's just stuck on, that would be easier, but it should be possible even if it's laser engraved.
    Remove the battery door, take the battery out and set in a safe place. Get a bag of catnip and place where the battery would be. Replace battery cover and find your neigbor's cat. Leave your device with the cat for a few hours. I've found this to be the only viable option for removing the carrier branding, while also giving your device a nice, weathered appearance.
    Effing + 1000000!

LMAO. Classic.
    try sand paper
    Install Preware and go to: Available Packages>Patch>Mojo> And scroll to the bottom to "Virtual Keyboard"

Install, and never open your slider again. Easy fix.

In all seriousness though, try acetone or some sort of paint remover.
    you might try calling these guys and seeing if they can get one with out the etching on it. i am getting a new screen from them and doing it myself.

Palm Pre Repair | Palm Pre Lcd | Broken | Fix | Repairs
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    "So you can run and tell that, homeboy"
    Considering that it's laser engraved, your best bet is to do what BuzzardJr said.
  9.    #9  
    It wouldn't be too hard to just sand it down, and give it a slick brushed metal look, with the lack of fingerprint wanting, except for that I kinda want to keep the mirror. Does anyone actually use the mirror? On another note, with the Pre2 being released unlocked for devs, it's possible that (if it keeps the mirror) that the mirror back would be able to be replaced with a carrier logo free one?
    The mirror was actually intended for taking self-portraits.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctbeiser View Post
    I'm getting an ATT Pre + for use on Tmo. But I don't want the ATT branding on the back mirror. I know it was possible to remove on certain Treos, and impossible on the Pixi. Can it be removed? If it's just stuck on, that would be easier, but it should be possible even if it's laser engraved.
    Buy an EU GSM Pre, which has no branding on the back, and swap the internals.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 10/20/2010 at 04:20 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    You have to take it apart but you can sand it off and then re buff it to a mirror finish or on some of my palm pre plus mods i painted it flat black looks slick like that
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    I'm so busy using my phone.. I didn't realize it has a carrier logo. There are many ways on how to remove it. However, you might not have a nice looking mirror anymore. :-)
    ^_^
  14.    #14  
    Alright. Looking at a teardown, there is no way I'm going in and replacing the mirror. At least, not for a while after I get it. I'll probably actually just install the virtual keyboard, and keep the device pointed so the mirror is facing the floor whenever I use the hardware keyboard.