Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hay just wondering whos actally dared to use the 1.2ghz. how much do you think this will decrease the CPU?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Moi. I run between 800 and 1.2, depends on battery life and what I think I need to be at for the moment.
    i only run 800 because i dont want to kill my battery. it good enough to take away the TMC error and im content. i may try it from time to time but will stick with a more Conservative approach
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Ive been running at 1.2GHz/500Mhz (Screenstate) since SR71 hit. I have a touchstone at home and in the office, a car charger, and spare battery so I can't really say how much an impact running at those speeds would have on a day without access to a charging source. I will say that the 200Mhz over UberKernel is quite significant to me. The phone just flys and is as smooth as butter. If it kills my hardware thats fine since it would be very unlikely before the next webOS phone releases and I have been holding on to my upgrade.
    im running the govnah app at 500/1000 no problems so far and it good enough for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by kunedogg View Post
    im running the govnah app at 500/1000 no problems so far and it good enough for now.
    he asked who was runnin 1200 not 1000
    I was since the early days of SR71. I loved my Chuck Norris Pre. But just last week, my screen developed a crack under the plastic and leading away from the button. Grr. My new, refurbished Pre can not handle 1.2 Ghz. So sad.
    With touchstones at $9.99, why wouldn't you? I do!
    Looks like a race to see who can burn out their CPU the fastest to me.
  10.    #10  
    so has anyone come across any problems running at 1.2ghz? also how long do you think itl last ? im curently on 800mhz,
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Looks like a race to see who can burn out their CPU the fastest to me.
    Paraphrasing... Live fast, die young!

Tried 1.2, Pre couldn't handle it.
    chris - just run your phone at 1000. there is a noticeable difference between 800 and 1000. i think you will be happy with the latter.

fyi, the battery drains faster at 1000 and the phone heats up quicker when running 3d type games, but is otherwise perfectly safe (no phone crashes).
    Last edited by protofa; 10/19/2010 at 08:12 AM.
  13.    #13  
    alright kool, im just one of those people that if theres an option above the one im on , i kinda wanna press it.. haha, but yea get ur point, quick question though, when people say thier pres cant handle 1.2ghx. wht hapens? does it just crash?
    I have been running 1.2ghz since about week after SR71 came out never changing it(Besides the automatic adjustments it does itself when charge etc).

I can get about 8 hours out of the phone depending on how much I use it.
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chris0101 View Post
    alright kool, im just one of those people that if theres an option above the one im on , i kinda wanna press it.. haha, but yea get ur point, quick question though, when people say thier pres cant handle 1.2ghx. wht hapens? does it just crash?
    My definition of 'crash': After hitting the turbo, upon phone restart, stuck in an infinite loop at the Palm logo. A couple times in a row. Nothing, I mean nothing was getting me out of the 'tailspin'. Finally on the umteenth try, got the phone to come to life, albeit, a shell of it's former self (read: wiped clean). C'est la vie.

Lost some stuff, but not too much. Just what I hadn't backed up. (I back up monthly, or before I'm going to try anything stupid, like overclocking by more than 100%.) Thank you thank you thank you webOS Internals, Jason, and everyone who paved the way for those of us who don't know enough to save ourselves from ourselves.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chris0101 View Post
    I have a VanDamme Pre, which means it can run 1.2GHz most of the time. When mine fails, it does what has been described as a "screen melt" or "screen disintegration". Then it'll reboot. Sometimes it reboots fine, sometimes in goes into a reboot loop. If it goes into a reboot loop, I just have to attach it to a charger with the screen off and I can get it to reboot, in which case I'll drop it down to 1GHz for a little while and then bump it back up. I haven't had a screen melt happen in a long time though...
    I'm at 1.2ghz most of the time. It is faster than 1ghz by a good bit, but it eats batteries like Skittles.
    I've been using SR-71 @ 500mHz/1.2gHz since the hour it was released in the test feed. The screen melt issue that I have seen seems to occur if you "tax" your memory to the max. I have found adjusting the voltage settings in Govnah helps with that problem.

for those that deal with the screen melt issue and can't seem to correct it with voltage adjustments, if you pull your battery out BEFORE the melt, you will most likely not loose your cache.. You have to be fast in getting the back off though..
    1.2gHz for me though is very stable..
    sj
    If you are going to run the beast at 1.2, you need to make sure you keep it cool or else, it will keep restarting on you. Over and over again.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I've been running it without problems since it came out. Got a ebay extended battery so that aint a problem. Chuck Norris Pre FTW.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast