1.    #1  
    Hi all,

My pre started to act a bit weird: from as much as about 20 percent of the battery volume it falls almost instantly to 0, at which level it still manages to last for about 15 mins. I get no warnings about 10 percent level etc like I used to.

I think that I have seen some similar topic over here, but can not find it by any means.

Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by st1512 View Post
    Hi all,

My pre started to act a bit weird: from as much as about 20 percent of the battery volume it falls almost instantly to 0, at which level it still manages to last for about 15 mins. I get no warnings about 10 percent level etc like I used to.

I think that I have seen some similar topic over here, but can not find it by any means.

Thanks for your help.
    Yep, if you don't know what to search for it can be a pain....

Here is the thread and tool you will need: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-battery.html
    Get drBattery and run the calibration procedure - that will fix it.
    I always run Dr. Battery and everytime it fails.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    I always run Dr. Battery and everytime it fails.
    Have you asked the question, and provided additional details as to how it is failing, in the Dr. Battery app thread that I included in my response above?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Does this have something to do with people running the Actual Battery % patch? Maybe that's it, but who knows. =\
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Does this have something to do with people running the Actual Battery % patch? Maybe that's it, but who knows. =\
    No, it's related to what the battery thinks can hold and what webOS reports

It thinks it can hold an amount of charge, but in reality it doesn't. Calibration helps the battery to understand how much charge it can hold, and report it correctly to webOS
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Same thing happened on mine. It started at 8% and gradually got to 18% then it would drop to 0%.

I contacted Palm directly and they sent me a new battery. It's been working great since.
    I had an issue where the battery would charge to 100%, then would go down to 96% then drop to 85% instantly. I installed Dr. Battery, ran the calibration and it actually caused the issue where it would go from 20% to 0% and die if you can't get it plugged in within 10 seconds..
    I ended up buying 3 spare batteries (OEM) from amazon for 2.75 each. They are all perfect and don't have any problems at all with either of them.

I just put the old one away and plan to just recycle it..

the funny thing about the 3 new ones I picked up, when I look at the health with Dr. Battery, 1 says it's 1150mA which is acurate, but the other 2 say 1185mA. I'm stoaked that they have a touch more capacity that they should..
    sj
    Probably they don't. Maybe they're dying from 5 to7% to 0%. If you recalibrate them you should get the real capacity.

Those are Centro batteries that have been stored a long time. I have one, and it does the same, but after recalibration I got 994mAh, a lot more than I was getting from my stock battery (about 400)
    If you can't get the calibration to work you can "calibrate manually". Set the health with Dr.Battery to 10 or 20% lower than it is atm.
    Most of Palm 1150 Batteries shows 1185 to give the battery some room for calibration/learning. This is the suggested way from the chip manufacturer.
    you sure it's not a bad battery?