Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    My Pre has been working fine, but today it drained from 100% to 10% in 6 hours, essentially without any use. I tried to read a new text and noticed that the phone was quite hot. I noticed that it was down to 20%, and just kept draining, now at 10%.

Any ideas as to why this happens?
    bad battery? battery gone bad?
    Some runaway process maybe.

Restart it and wait for a few minutes, it should fix itself (I hope)
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    That's true..Your battery drains faster when the Pre is hot.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    That's true..Your battery drains faster when the Pre is hot.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    I really think it's the other way around, something is stuck on the Pre, so the battery drains faster, and when it drains faster, it gets hot
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by sweaner View Post
    My Pre has been working fine, but today it drained from 100% to 10% in 6 hours, essentially without any use. I tried to read a new text and noticed that the phone was quite hot. I noticed that it was down to 20%, and just kept draining, now at 10%.

Any ideas as to why this happens?
    At the heavy level of usage t in my normal day, 6 or 7 hours is what I usually get... I know that's not what you want to hear.

If you aren't a heavy user, the first assumption is that the phone is doing something in the background that is new, like checking facebook, syncing email, or in a coverage area where it is constantly looking for a signal.
    What part of the phone was hot? Top = CPU, Back Middle = Battery, Bottom = Antennae. How has your signal strength been? Definitely reboot it. I would shut it down and pull the battery then power it back up.
    Are you running stock or did you update the kernel (and using Govnah)?