1.    #1  
    I've had my phone for about 2 months now, and of course it was great at first, but now it's a bit slow. Before any new card would load up in about 2-3 seconds, now it takes like 6+ seconds. The screen isn't as reactive as it should be, the phone card takes forever to load up when I answer a call, my camera doesn't even load up completely sometimes! It opens, and leaves it at this gray screen. Overall my phone is starting to act up!
    I do have preware installed, 25-30 patches installed and 25 apps as well.
    somebody please help! And thanks in advance!
    Could be a stuck app using the CPU. Didi battery life decrease badly? Try shutdown and battery pull for couple of seconds.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Could be a stuck app using the CPU. Didi battery life decrease badly? Try shutdown and battery pull for couple of seconds.
    battery life has stayed the same, and I even tried the whole keyboard restart, pulled the battery out, shut down and wait, everything there is to do with restarts. :l
    OK then it's not so easy to find. There are a couple of threads about reducing logging, empty mail folder, empty trash folder, removing patches one at a time to find the "bad" one .....
    And of course overclocking
    Last edited by somline; 10/18/2010 at 03:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    OK then it's not so easy to find. There are a couple of threads about reducing logging, empty mail folder, empty trash folder, removing patches one at a time to find the "bad" one .....
    And of course overclocking
    I'll echo this. Install the three webOS internals patches that reduce logging. Clear your call history, delete unwanted sms, clear up your email folders, clear your web history.
    If your looking for a fresh start then back up back up using save/restore and then doctor

Pip
    Try JSTop. That may help you determine what is slowing your pre down. I have experienced the gray card when opening the camera app. I just swiped it away then opened the camera app again, no problems the second time. Inconvenient but that worked for me. Hope you figure what the matter is.
    1)Run a RepairUtility

2)JSTop with AutoGC

3)Delete all of your google maps, web browser, call and sms history
    if you clear up all the stuff these guys above me said,,im willing to bet it will be fine. Clear out cach,history in the browers,emails,texts,and call history.
    also, don't leave jstop or govnah running. Both are constantly polling and eat cpu cycles (and therefore battery)
  10.    #10  
    ok, so did everything (clearing wise) not much difference, if any at all really.

anybody wanna tell me how to use this jstop thing?
  11.    #11  
    or how to run a repair utility? Thanks!
    I was also having a slow Pre. At times the screen would become completely unresponsive. So I decided to run the webOS Doctor. You shouldn't lose contacts or calendar data, but you will lose some things like text messages. You won't lose things on the USB drive such as music and photos. Other than that, it's pretty painless. Now my Pre is good as new, and even feels as fast as when I was overclocking.

This is perhaps the extreme solution, so you might try some of the other suggestions, but it's a guaranteed fix. Here's a thread with directions for running webOS Doctor: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...t=webOS+Doctor

And here's the link to Palm's website where you can download the webOS Doctor: http://ws.palm.com/webosdoctor/serialnumberinitial.htm
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  13.    #13  
    what's overclocking?

and you're saying I won't lose my music and pictures for sure?

thanks for that though! Will do this weekend!