Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    The oreo effect got worse and worse. Then this happened to my 6th Pre. It came apart in 2 pieces but I can put it back on the rails of the slider. It still slides, keyboard works and calls still come in.

The sprint store said they won't replace it because it is not a software issue. I also don't want to pay the $100 deductible from my insurance when the Pre 2 is coming out soon. I think......

I can't wait for the Pre 2 to come out any sooner! Please Pre 2 hurry and get here already!!

Even though I didn't do anything severe to make this happen to my Pre, but I can say it does take a lickin and it keeps on tickin. I got that going for me.......which is nice!

Palm Pre loyal.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    looks like some screws came out of it lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I can see the creme center!
    two words: super glue.
    did you try putting the screws back in, or are they stripped.

if you can't reattach it, I'd (seriously) consider using epoxy to attach it with the slider permanently out, creating an oversized pixi. Then buy a used one to get you by until you can upgrade to the next palm hotness.
    6th Pre????? Broke in half?

Do you throw your electronics against the wall for fun? <deleted by mod>

Also, you should have invested in this:

http://www.agfindings.com/products/p...s-grt-case-kit

If you were going to be so abusive to your phone
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/18/2010 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Please do not post around our language filters
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did you try putting the screws back in, or are they stripped. if you can't reattach it, I'd (seriously) consider using epoxy to attach it with the slider permanently out, creating an oversized pixi. Then buy a used one to get you by until you can upgrade to the next palm hotness.
    Actually I'm sure it can be fixed by the right repair shop, but then your idea of epoxy or even Hot Glue (may be less permanent) would be a great idea and permanent open pre fix for your unit.

Either way, love the shots and how did it break or come open? Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    6th Pre????? Broke in half?

Do you throw your electronics against the wall for fun? w t f?

Also, you should have invested in this:

[url]

If you were going to be so abusive to your phone
    actually, this is a great idea. The GRT case attaches to itself instead of clipping to each half of the phone. You might be able even now to put it in a grt case and it might hold the phone together to make it usable.

also, imho hotglue and superglue won't provide a strong enough bond. That's why I suggested epoxy.

however, try the grt case first.
    Why have I not seen this??? That looks really slick. Looks like it would take some getting used to as far as accessing the buttons though.
    Last weekend, I was riding my motorcycle down the highway with my Pre in the tank bag on the gas tank. I was going about 70MPH and felt something hit the back of my foot. I assumed it was a rock. Then about 10 miles later I looked down and my phone was gone. Figured that was what hit my foot. I was mad at myself for not securing it better. Well I rode back to where I started road down the road and low and behold, I see it face down on the blacktop with the back missing. I picked up, it was banged up some on the sides and like I said the back was missing. I could not find the back but knew I had an extra one at the house. Luckily I had a screen protector on it so that was fine. Road home and put the new back on and it was good to go. Just a little banged up, I was amazed it survived.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/18/2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: LANGUAGE
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    my phone did the same thing I took it and they switched it right out with no deductible or anything. It's obvious it's manufacture error.
    they should get you another refurb

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hone-open.html

in 3 days after my 2nd or 3rd refurb a screw had come loose.. the refurbs are VERY VERY flaky at best. And i was that guy that said the people with refurbs are crazy... they are not.. hardware stinks.
    I ditto the screws being missing or were loose. When I got my replacement Pre I had a bit of an oreo then I could see it starting to come apart. I took it into the Sprint store that has a repair shop and within 30 minutes (long line of people waiting for many phones issues not just Pre's) they replaced 1 screw and tightened the other one and no Oreo any more.
    Talk about a serious case or OREO.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Actually I'm sure it can be fixed by the right repair shop, but then your idea of epoxy or even Hot Glue (may be less permanent) would be a great idea and permanent open pre fix for your unit.

Either way, love the shots and how did it break or come open? Sorli...
    I really didn't do anything. The oreo effect got so bad I slid it open to answer a call and saw a tiny screw fall to the carpet. All my other pre's were software issues like stuck on headset mode and photos app would freeze my pre, etc.

This is the first physical problem I've had with my pre. I swear I'm not abusive with it. lol