Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. ski21's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
       #1  
    Just won a new pre on ebay. Need some advice what to do first once phone arrives. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. #2  
    welcome! Run webos doctor first so you have a factory-frsh syarting point.

    the start reading the 'getting started' threads at the top of the Pre forum.
  3. ski21's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
       #3  
    Thanks. That's why I didn't see any getting started threads. I was only checking out the pre sub forum. Thanks for the direction.
  4. ski21's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
       #5  
    I'm such an *****. I guess I'm just too excited about getting a pre hehe. Thanks.
  5. #6  
    Welcome to PC and WebOS, you're going to love it!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6. #7  
    Welcome! Loading Preware is a must. If you are going to patch your Pre I would suggest the Super Patch if you really want to quickly upgrade your phone.

    http://www.precentral.net/super-patc...-ever-obsolete
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  7. ski21's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
       #8  
    Thanks for the link, is there an actual place to download the patch or do I have to do that from the pre itself. I don't have the pre yet, but want to get everything set up for when i get it.
  8. #9  
    You can download WebOS QI and Doctor now, you use them to install Preware on your phone and that's how you install patches.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  9. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski21 View Post
    Thanks for the link, is there an actual place to download the patch or do I have to do that from the pre itself. I don't have the pre yet, but want to get everything set up for when i get it.
    You will need to load the Super Patch from Preware. Look for the Advanced Configuration for System Preferences patch.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  10. ski21's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    welcome! Run webos doctor first so you have a factory-frsh syarting point.

    the start reading the 'getting started' threads at the top of the Pre forum.
    Well it is a refurbished phone, never reactivated. Should I run webos before I activate it or wait until I activate it to run the webos.
  11. ski21's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
       #12  
    Cool I don't have it yet. Should be here around friday or saturday. Can't wait to be a new pre owner.
  12. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski21 View Post
    Cool I don't have it yet. Should be here around friday or saturday. Can't wait to be a new pre owner.
    I know the feeling.. :-D

    Regards,
    Rush.
  13. #14  
    I too just got me a Pre last week. Love that phone. Keeping it at stock CPU speed though for warranty reasons.

Posting Permissions