Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Just won a new pre on ebay. Need some advice what to do first once phone arrives. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    welcome! Run webos doctor first so you have a factory-frsh syarting point.

the start reading the 'getting started' threads at the top of the Pre forum.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Thanks. That's why I didn't see any getting started threads. I was only checking out the pre sub forum. Thanks for the direction.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I'm such an *****. I guess I'm just too excited about getting a pre hehe. Thanks.
    Welcome to PC and WebOS, you're going to love it!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Welcome! Loading Preware is a must. If you are going to patch your Pre I would suggest the Super Patch if you really want to quickly upgrade your phone.

http://www.precentral.net/super-patc...-ever-obsolete
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Thanks for the link, is there an actual place to download the patch or do I have to do that from the pre itself. I don't have the pre yet, but want to get everything set up for when i get it.
    You can download WebOS QI and Doctor now, you use them to install Preware on your phone and that's how you install patches.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski21 View Post
    Thanks for the link, is there an actual place to download the patch or do I have to do that from the pre itself. I don't have the pre yet, but want to get everything set up for when i get it.
    You will need to load the Super Patch from Preware. Look for the Advanced Configuration for System Preferences patch.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    welcome! Run webos doctor first so you have a factory-frsh syarting point.

the start reading the 'getting started' threads at the top of the Pre forum.
    Well it is a refurbished phone, never reactivated. Should I run webos before I activate it or wait until I activate it to run the webos.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Cool I don't have it yet. Should be here around friday or saturday. Can't wait to be a new pre owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski21 View Post
    Cool I don't have it yet. Should be here around friday or saturday. Can't wait to be a new pre owner.
    I know the feeling.. :-D

Regards,
    Rush.
    I too just got me a Pre last week. Love that phone. Keeping it at stock CPU speed though for warranty reasons.