Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Read the awsome article about Govnah and adjusting the Core Voltage to help battery life. It was in the Webos Roundup App.
    I'm currently Running the Screenstate 500/1000 in Govnah.
    My Core Voltage is:
    1 GHZ - 1437.5
    500 MHZ - 1162.5

I'm sure others have messed with theses settings.
    How low have you gotten your voltage settings?

Curious.

On a side note. I have NOT noticed any better battery life.
    Last edited by mpagano; 10/17/2010 at 05:15 PM.
    I have 500mhz to like 900, and 1ghz to 1290 and get much better battery life
    I have:

125mhz screenstate off set to 912.5
    600mhz screenstate on set to 1000

and I get crazy good battery life.
    i have:
    1G: 1287.5
    500MHz: 950

which kernel do you use with 125 MHz, rmausser?
    Quote Originally Posted by mpagano View Post
    Read the awsome article about Govnah and adjusting the Core Voltage to help battery life. It was in the Webos Roundup App.
    I'm currently Running the Screenstate 500/1000 in Govnah.
    My Core Voltage is:
    1 GHZ - 1437.5
    500 MHZ - 1162.5

I'm sure others have messed with theses settings.
    How low have you gotten your voltage settings?

Curious.

On a side note. I have NOT noticed any better battery life.

Those voltages are very close to the defaults, so you are not going to notice much of a difference in battery life. The webOS Roundup article has a pic of suggested settings you can apply, those are the ones I have used, and you do notice an increase in battery life.

I've used Screenstate 500/800 with Voltage at:
    800 MHZ - 1250mV
    500 MHZ - 987.5 mV
    Screenstate 125/1000 925/1300 uberkernel
    Better I think?

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
  7.    #7  
    1325 at 1 ghz is lowest I can seem to down too.
    Any lower and I get the black dots.
    Quote Originally Posted by seko View Post
    i have:
    1G: 1287.5
    500MHz: 950

which kernel do you use with 125 MHz, rmausser?
    Warthog.

I had to call my provider and change my number of rings to 8 because it takes a second for my phone to come alive before it starts ringing lol its in a deeep sleep.
  9.    #9  
    rmausser: Is that because of the 125 mhz setting?
    Quote Originally Posted by mpagano View Post
    rmausser: Is that because of the 125 mhz setting?
    Yes, plus the super low voltage setting while on it.
    i managed to get the 1 ghz down to 1275 last night. anything lower the phone freezes and crashes. i never get any black dots though, just freezing and crashing
    How do you dial down your 1GHZ to below 1412? I'm using Govnah and Uber Kernel and that's the lowest setting I can find. Thanks!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
  13.    #13  
    It only lets you go down in steps of two. If you go back in there should be lower settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    How do you dial down your 1GHZ to below 1412? I'm using Govnah and Uber Kernel and that's the lowest setting I can find. Thanks!
    it only lets you go down 2 at a time, you have to apply those settings and then go back into the options and you can go down another two voltages.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    is there any harm in uv my p plus like I have......im at 1325 for 1g and 962.5 for 500m the rest are set somewhere in between ....some people are set lower and some higher but these seem to work fine for my phone ....what I'm asking is what is the worst possible thing that could happen from doing this or is there really no harm in doing this....if you answer this in techi terms then give me a 'dumbed down' version as well
    I set my voltages to match the WebOSroundup article. I run a 500/800 screenstate govnah profile. I also turn off data when I'm not using it. I've been getting 5-6 hours of extra battery life! Kudos to everyone who helped make my phone perfect.
    I'm TRYING to use the settings in the webOS roundup article.

I switch between 3 profiles and I can set the voltages lower but they keep resetting themselves! Anyone know anything about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    it only lets you go down 2 at a time, you have to apply those settings and then go back into the options and you can go down another two voltages.
    Thanks MPAGANO and KEL101!

I'm experimenting with the best speed and voltage settings for my device to get the best balance of speed and battery life.

Any suggestions?
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    I've been overclocking PC processors, RAM, and video cards for about 10 years now.

How do we go about doing a "load test" to ensure that the phone is stable at any given setting?

So far, watching streaming video seems to be the most "intensive" and is the only way I've been able to freeze my phone.

Currently running Screenstate 1Ghz/1.3625v and 250Mhz/0.9125v.

Is there any way to unlock lower voltages for the lower frequencies?
    Last edited by Pinhead-227; 10/18/2010 at 07:25 PM.
    using webOS roundup settings for 1 ghz, my pre reboots everytime streaming youtube.

not fun.

problem now is I can't increase the voltage back to baseline using 500/1000 screenstate
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast