Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tayswg20 View Post
    is there any harm in uv my p plus like I have......im at 1325 for 1g and 962.5 for 500m the rest are set somewhere in between ....some people are set lower and some higher but these seem to work fine for my phone ....what I'm asking is what is the worst possible thing that could happen from doing this or is there really no harm in doing this....if you answer this in techi terms then give me a 'dumbed down' version as well

The absolute worst thing that can happen from under-volting is that your phone crashes and you loose all your data. I don't know of anyone who has lost all their data from under-volting, though I did read a few posts in the forums about people losing partial data.

Under-volting settings can vary from person to person as well, since we all use our phones differently. Someone can recommend to me their settings, but if I'm a super power user, constantly using multiple apps & streaming podcasts while playing Angry Birds; and all they do is tweet, text & IM, their settings may be to low for me & my phone may crash.

If you want a reference for UV settings to use, look at Psychonaut's post above with the screenshot he included. They are the same as the article from webOS Roundup. I have been able to use those settings using Screenstate 500/800 without any real issues.The only time I noticed my phone start to act up was when I used the Mobile Hotspot app with these settings, my screen started to flash & I realized it was probably because MHS is puling alot of current from the battery, and my settings were too low for it, so I closed the app.

As for me, I UV my Pre for about a week then stopped, mainly because I hated how my UV settings would default after I reset my device, and I also didn't like having to change them whenever I used the MHS app, so I just left them at default.

Hey, the choice is yours. There are some risks with UV, and if you don't mind them, knock yourself out, It definitely increase the battery life alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    using webOS roundup settings for 1 ghz, my pre reboots everytime streaming youtube.

not fun.

problem now is I can't increase the voltage back to baseline using 500/1000 screenstate

Just reset your Phone, that should put all the voltage settings back to their defaults.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinhead-227 View Post
    I've been overclocking PC processors, RAM, and video cards for about 10 years now.

How do we go about doing a "load test" to ensure that the phone is stable at any given setting?

So far, watching streaming video seems to be the most "intensive" and is the only way I've been able to freeze my phone.

Currently running Screenstate 1Ghz/1.3625v and 250Mhz/0.9125v.

Is there any way to unlock lower voltages for the lower frequencies?

Load preware in the background as well. Preware loading up takes a lot. Seems like dl'ing an app is hard work too.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    thank you so much for explaining that...i did go by the screenshot from the roundup article then slowly over a few days go lower and lower and still havnt had any trouble ....so far....thanks again ....everyone on here rocks
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Just reset your Phone, that should put all the voltage settings back to their defaults.
    Simply selecting a different profile resets them for me. Really irritating!
    @smartfah,

my phone DOES reset when it crashes, but govnah settings stick in terms of voltage...
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    @smartfah,

my phone DOES reset when it crashes, but govnah settings stick in terms of voltage...

That's crazy, my voltage settings never stick. Most of the time my Screenstate profile is the same but my voltages always go back to default after a reset, even if I save them to a custom profile. That's why I just let my voltages stay at default, I'm tired of changing them.
    question: would setting my 1ghz voltage at a lower setting affect loading times for web based applications (tweetme, Facebook, web browser)?

just wondering.
    "So you can run and tell that, homeboy"
    no
    I just adjusted my core voltages using the WebOS roundup values. Seems to screw the battery right up as it is now dropping about 1% a minute!?! Time to restart and reset the core values.
    All my phone does is sit in screen state 250/1000 and hardly gets used, so quite dissapoined as I was hoping to EXTEND battery life...
    all of you talking about your voltages reseting...are you saving the settings? if you don't of course they're going to revert when you restart/change profiles.
    you have to save the profile. there's a button that says save as new profile. if you want to overwrite one just type it with the same name. why do that though because then you lose the default voltage profiles? i have mine named "1275/925" those being the voltages i'm running.
    I see some of you are running 125Mhz or 250Mhz in screen off. I thought anything below 500Mhz wasn't effective and risked freezing the device?

I thought the benefit of running 500Mhz in screen off position, was that the functions managed in screen off required less power, BUT, for what it was doing, the LINUX "race to idle" concept was still being fulfilled.

I understand the IDEA of using lower processor settings when the screen is off, but there are virtually no processes other than the phone, MP3 Player, and battery monitor, that run while the screen is off, and don't they need more power to run? And, when nothing is running, the processor is idle, so processor speed is a non-issue. Then, it's strictly about latent power usage. Right?

If there is a genuine benefit to running at lower speeds in screen off, as long as it doesn't create notable lag, I would seriously consider it.

Thanks!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    I see some of you are running 125Mhz or 250Mhz in screen off. I thought anything below 500Mhz wasn't effective and risked freezing the device?

I thought the benefit of running 500Mhz in screen off position, was that the functions managed in screen off required less power, BUT, for what it was doing, the LINUX "race to idle" concept was still being fulfilled.

I understand the IDEA of using lower processor settings when the screen is off, but there are virtually no processes other than the phone, MP3 Player, and battery monitor, that run while the screen is off, and don't they need more power to run? And, when nothing is running, the processor is idle, so processor speed is a non-issue. Then, it's strictly about latent power usage. Right?

If there is a genuine benefit to running at lower speeds in screen off, as long as it doesn't create notable lag, I would seriously consider it.

Thanks!
    ...forget screenstate....my device performs best fixed at 1g...at all times...it even charges faster...its ALL about 'race to idle'...so when it's doing background stuff it's doin it fast and goes back to to full idle 0ghz...

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    so is it worth 125mhz or not? also what about the volatges , whats the best setup,
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    ...forget screenstate....my device performs best fixed at 1g...at all times...it even charges faster...its ALL about 'race to idle'...so when it's doing background stuff it's doin it fast and goes back to to full idle 0ghz...

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Refresh my memory... what kind of battery life do you get and how much stuff do you do?

I'm finding that all it takes to kill 1/2 my battery is 40 minutes of talking.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    These are my stable voltages:

I go between 500/1000 and 500/800 screenstate govenors
  17. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Lowest I can go on 1GHz is 1300. Random crashes below that.

Still experimenting with 500 MHz, currently at 1050 stable, testing 1025.
    just interested to know, when I get reboots with these voltage settings,its usually with the you tube app streaming. Anyone else have the prob with youtube?
    +1 That's been the most consistent app to reboot my phone too while I'm tweaking the voltage.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I was able to get the voltages fairly low, but then the profile setting wouldn't stick for some reason, so I was stuck with 500Mhz all the time. So I bagged the idea and went back to the standard 500/1000 screenstate settings.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast