Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    When I'm in an area with no wifi, my 3g does not kick in, I have to restart the phone to get it to work? Any remedies for this problem? Am I doing something wrong? Helppp!
  2. #2  
    Maybe try turning Airplane mode on and off instead of a reboot.
  3. tlaz's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoled985 View Post
    When I'm in an area with no wifi, my 3g does not kick in, I have to restart the phone to get it to work? Any remedies for this problem? Am I doing something wrong? Helppp!
    +1 I'm also finding that when I turn on wifi, I get the spinning wheel of death, and I need to restart to get wifi going. 1.4.5 has not been good to my Pre.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tlaz View Post
    +1 I'm also finding that when I turn on wifi, I get the spinning wheel of death, and I need to restart to get wifi going. 1.4.5 has not been good to my Pre.
    yea, it's lame, it's upsetting me. The Airplane mode thing doesn't work at all and then lately my phone's clock has been off by hours!!
  5. #5  
    I would have this problem from time to time and I used a patch to turn of data wait like 20 sec then turn it back on.
  6. #6  
    try going into yr phone app drop down menu and hit update network,,when that's done hit update prl,,,see if that helps yr 3g connection.
  7. #7  
    I had a similiar problem and removing all patches also did not help. Finally I ran webOS Doctor and the problem is gone. --> Edge/GPRS radio seemingly not working.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I had a similiar problem and removing all patches also did not help. Finally I ran webOS Doctor and the problem is gone. --> Edge/GPRS radio seemingly not working.
    Cool, so if I doctor my phone, what does it get rid of and what stays on the phone? That's what I'm afraid of.

Posting Permissions