Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i put a theme on my phone, removed it, then connected my pre again to the computer and the buttons to "just charge" and "USB mode" dont show little on whats goin on
    Hi flacoboy... have you tried fully restarting your phone?
  3.    #3  
    yes and nothin happens still it shows that its charging by the battery symbol but no buttons show when i plug it into the usb drive
  4.    #4  
    need help cant do nothing with my pre on the computer anymore!!!!!!
    Try running the webOS Repair Utility. Be sure to read the first post fully as it will describe how to use it. This will look for any missing/corrupt files on your device and replace them if needed.
  6.    #6  
    cant do that, when i plug the usb cable in it goes straight to charging without giving me the option to charge or usb mode.....what do i do then
    Orange/Grey key + symbol + U to force it into USB mode.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  8.    #8  
    i need the pre to go to just charge and i cant, and tried the shortkeys way and still nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by flacoboy_2186 View Post
    i need the pre to go to just charge and i cant, and tried the shortkeys way and still nothing
    I don't understand that... Your phone is going straight into charge mode when you plug it in, but you are saying that you want it "to just charge".. that's the same thing... Can you rephrase that and clarify?

If you want to run the Repair Utility, but can't... you can also force your device into Recovery Mode by doing the following:

1. Pulling the battery
    2. Hold the volume UP button while you reinsert the battery.
    3. Keep holding until the USB icon shows on the display.
    4. Then plug the device into your computer and run the the Repair Utility (if that's what you want to do).
  10.    #10  
    I'm trying to run webos quick install/repair utility for some stuff and it requires the phone to be in "just charge" mode, the option button that pops up when you plug the phone into the computer, it doesn't show at all...
    in order to run that the computer needs to read that the phone is there, and it doesn't.
    thats the issue im dealing with
    flacoboy.. that's the issue we have been trying to give you solutions for... follow my instructions above to run the Repair Utility. If there is a corrupt/missing file you won't be able to do it. I've given you the first step to solving the issue...
    And are you sure developer mode is on? That's the only time I had a similar problem, I'd forgotten I'd turned it off.
  13.    #13  
    i got the buttons to show so i can tell the phone what i want it to do, now i tried to install a theme and it says "no device detected".....
    And once again, are you sure it's in developer mode? If it isn't, then it won't detect your device.

In addition, it's much easier to install and uninstall themes with Preware.
  15.    #15  
    yes it is i havent turned developer mode off when i started all of this
    if it is in dev mode and you have installed novacom driver then you need to restart the novacom driver in services.msc
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    open start menu and type services.msc in the start search or run box and click on it when it pops up and then scroll down and right click on palm novacom and hit restart, also a reboot of the phone and computer will do the same thing , but this is the easy way to do it lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Doesn't hurt to check and make sure it's still on.

And try shadavis's instructions for Novacom.
  19.    #19  
    Shadavis08 i just did that n it worked but then for no reason halfway through the download it said device error and never finished with transferring the theme
  20.    #20  
    i restarted novacom, my pre, and my PC for good-luck sakes and it said it again, device has been disconnected. command.run file:///bin/rn -f /tmp/ipkgSscript.sh
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast