Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    This is a convoluted situation, but anyway, I had an iphone 3gs through work. I thought it sucked so I got a palm pre plus and love it. They just upgraded all of us to iphone 4s (I still prefer the pre) but in doing so they deactivated the SIM I had in the pre and replaced it with the SIM in the iphone 4, a micro-SIM. I got an adapter and I'm back to my pre with it, but ever since I put the micro-SIM in there my battery lasts about 60% as long as it did with a regular SIM. I might just be crazy but I don't think I am. I ran Dr. Battery on it and calibrated, it says I'm at 98% health (stock pre battery) but I just don't get the battery life I did with my old SIM (usage patterns are the same)

Am I crazy or could there be some scientific basis to the micro-SIM drawing more current from the battery than a regular sim would?
    its just a sim cut down,
    • maybe its the adapter as it may not be aligning properly,
    • or maybe att has the micro sims check to see if you have an iphone 4 or ipad (im not sure about that last on, just brainstorming)
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Yeah I was thinking of the alignment, but still not seeing how a misaligned sim would work fine, but also drain the battery. presumably the sim isn't doing anything like "checking with at&t" because the phone is what would handle that, it's not like there is software running on the SIM.
    right but att identifies the sim with the sim id (ie 8901xxxxxxxxxxx) and the label Micro sim can be added to that sim id, so att is trying to pull data from the phone to identify it as an iphone (AGAIN ALL JUST SPECULATION)
    Quote Originally Posted by gutbomb View Post
    Yeah I was thinking of the alignment, but still not seeing how a misaligned sim would work fine, but also drain the battery.
    could be causing a small short , dunno... can you find any info about that adapter?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I think I solved the problem actually. At the same time as getting my new SIM I also installed the new advanced app launcher patch. I got rid of that and my battery returned to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by gutbomb View Post
    I think I solved the problem actually. At the same time as getting my new SIM I also installed the new advanced app launcher patch. I got rid of that and my battery returned to normal.
    Good to hear!
    So it's confirmed... I AM crazy!