1.    #1  
    I just noticed today that when I make a call there is a lot of static on the line. I rebooted and it's still there. At first I was just thinking maybe its the Verizon lines. I did connect my bluetooth headset and there is no static through it. Any ideas? I'm really hoping it doesn't mean there is a problem with my phone....I don't want to get it replaced with a refurbished It's only 3 months old, never been dropped, in immaculate condition.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I noticed the same thing on my pre. I can somewhat resolve the issue by tapping the earpiece. Tapping stopped it for now (hoping it fixed it for good) but something physical must be going on inside the earpiece.
    I’ve been experiencing static and popping on VZW for months in the Portland and areas. My backup Moto V325 has no problems. When I’m using my Network Extender I have no problems. When I’m calling in a USCC area, I have no problems. VZW has told me it’s my device, but I’ve been through 10 Pres and most of them have the network noise - no matter where I’m at. My year contract is up in 2 months, about the time my patience with the Pre and VZW are at an end.
    I get that every once in a while too. Not sure what causes it. The Pre plus is the only phone I've experienced that with. I can tolerate it since happens rarely. Less than five times since having the phone since April or May.
  5.    #5  
    As long as I use my headset I'm ok...hoping when I wake up tomorrow it will be back to normal. Will try tapping on the earpiece. I really hate to have it replaced already. With VZW out of Pres I worry they may not have one for a replacement. Even thought about going into the VZW store hoping they would have a new one there and replace it with that. Wishful thinking though....
    Jolie

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    my pre started this last night. Static and popping during phone calls. Can't even hear the other person on the other end. Making a trip to vzw today to see what they say. My pre is only 2 months old. Fingers crossed
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    My Pixi was doing this exact came thing, sounded like the speaker is blown. Verizon replaced it for me.
    do you have any volume patches installed !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    No volume patches installed. Shocker, the vzw store didn't have any in stock . They're sending me a replacement in a couple days.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    It's a broken internal antenna problem. I just took mine into Sprint for the same crackling problem, they tested it, it failed and they hooked my up with a new (refurb) phone. Coincidentally, this is the best Pre I've had...tight and fast...with the overclock I'm really loving it.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hope I have the same luck, should be getting mine fedex today. On a side note, is there any way I can transfer most of my data over to the new phone (patches, apps, etc.) or will I have to reinstall everything on the new pre? Doing some searching on the forums now to find out.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    patches you gotta re install yourself. Apps I'm not sure about
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I guess it will give me something to do when I get the wi-fi rolling on the new one. Oh well.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    update - received my recertified phone yesterday and activated it. The "backup" program saved most of my apps (even the ones I paid for) but not any of the patches, which I expected. I'm in the process of getting the pre back to the way I had it. Hopefully, no more issues!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by joryta13 View Post
    update - received my recertified phone yesterday and activated it. The "backup" program saved most of my apps (even the ones I paid for) but not any of the patches, which I expected. I'm in the process of getting the pre back to the way I had it. Hopefully, no more issues!
    Glad you are having good luck with your refurb from VZW. The two they sent me were terrible, keyboards were awful. Both went back and mine is at Palm being repaired. Had issues with VZW but hopefully they are resolved now and for any future problems. Time will tell.
    Jolie

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Thats the thing i like about VZW, they are very good about replacing phones, even if the phone you get from them is faulty, they usually offer overnight shipping for free to make it right.