1.    #1  
    I have had my Palm Pre Plus (Verizon) for about two weeks now and three or four times I've noticed that it's turned off. Not good since I'm an on call air ambulance pilot.

I've read this article
    9 Simple Fixes for the Palm Pre | webOSroundup
    where it says it's the battery. I have the new style battery but put the foam piece in anyway and it's happened again.

Any thoughts or ideas? Did I put the foam in wrong? It's on the right side when looking at the back of the phone.

This has got to be fixed

I really like the Pre Plus, the support here, the user configurable phone and the operating system, but obviously this just isn't acceptable. I have a little over a week before I have to return it.

Oh, another thing, I notice that my Govnah is out of it's 500/800 state at times, I'm not sure when it's happening but I do notice the lack of performance! I haven't tried the 500/1000 as I'm trying to save the battery life, assuming it makes a difference.

Thanks so much for listening and your help.
    Oh, I searched the forum prior to asking here.

Curtis
    Montana
  2.    #2  
    There, it just happened again.

It was when closing the phone up, I saw the screen flash and it shutdown. I replaced the foam piece and I'll see if that will take care of it. I'm not impressed all the same.

Thanks
    Curtis
    i would first replace the battery then report back if it happens again.
    ĦṔ-ḶÝōṫ-Ŧḯōη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i would first replace the battery then report back if it happens again.
    When you say replace, do you mean remove and replace the battery I have or purchase a new one, well or try to get Verizon to give me a new one?

Thanks
    Curtis
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudyifr View Post
    I have had my Palm Pre Plus (Verizon) for about two weeks now and three or four times I've noticed that it's turned off. Not good since I'm an on call air ambulance pilot.

I've read this article
    [url= Simple Fixes for the Palm Pre | webOSroundup[/url]
    where it says it's the battery. I have the new style battery but put the foam piece in anyway and it's happened again.

Any thoughts or ideas? Did I put the foam in wrong? It's on the right side when looking at the back of the phone.

This has got to be fixed

I really like the Pre Plus, the support here, the user configurable phone and the operating system, but obviously this just isn't acceptable. I have a little over a week before I have to return it.

Oh, another thing, I notice that my Govnah is out of it's 500/800 state at times, I'm not sure when it's happening but I do notice the lack of performance! I haven't tried the 500/1000 as I'm trying to save the battery life, assuming it makes a difference.

Thanks so much for listening and your help.
    Oh, I searched the forum prior to asking here.

Curtis
    Montana
    Two possibilities I can see are:
    a)Your cpu can't handle the overclock, or your undervolting too much.

b)Something is wrong with the battery and/or phone.

Best way to proceed would be to determine whether a) is the cause or not. Simply set your govnah profile to uber default (assuming you have uberkernel) or up the voltage if you have undervolted.
    If a) is not the problem then you will have to check b), use save/restore to back up your app data and then get the battery replaced or phone replaced (demand a brand new one and not a refurb)

Pip
    I would recommend that:
    1. You remove the kernel from your Pre Plus; you donít need it on a Pre Plus as you have sufficient memory to prevent the TMC errors. I wouldnít recommend using a kernel on a phone right out of the box since it clearly states that you are risking your warranties by putting it on your phone.
    2. You follow the threads on this forum for improving battery life. Many suggestions here do work and after about a week I was getting over 8 hours of usage out of my phone without having to charge the battery.
    3. You take the phone back to Verizon and explain your situation to see if you do in fact have a bad battery. They can test the battery to assure that you do have a good battery to start with.
    4. You get several touchstones and charger cables so you have access to phone power when you need it. I make sure that I have a charging source in every location I am in.

Welcome to Pre Central and I hope the phone works out for you.
    I Love my Palm Pre Plus!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I had the same shut off when closing the phone problem straight out of the box with my Pre. I also had missing numbers, etc. I made them replace it. No problems since.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I would recommend that:
    1. You remove the kernel from your Pre Plus; you donít need it on a Pre Plus as you have sufficient memory to prevent the TMC errors.

I Love my Palm Pre Plus!
    What's the Kernal? I'll do some searching and see how to remove it.

Thanks
    Curtis
    What's the Kernal? I'll do some searching and see how to remove it.

Thanks
    Curtis
    Uberkernel is the overclock kernel you likely installed. I wouldn't actually remove it, just set govnah to uberkernel default and don't bother overclocking. I find my pre plus great at 500 where as I used to overclock my original pre to 1.2ghz.

Pip
    Whatever Kernel you installed. Remove it. Thats pretty much the solution. Your Pre probably gets hot a lot. Theres a temp limit in those kernels.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Uberkernel is the overclock kernel you likely installed. I wouldn't actually remove it, just set govnah to uberkernel default and don't bother overclocking. I find my pre plus great at 500 where as I used to overclock my original pre to 1.2ghz.

Pip
    Thanks. Do you suggest Uberkernal Default or Palm Default?

I'll let ya know how it goes.

Curtis
    Thanks. Do you suggest Uberkernal Default or Palm Default?

I'll let ya know how it goes.

Curtis
    Most likely, he'll suggest that you use the official default Palm kernel and see if problems are eliminated.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191