1.    #1  
    I have been with Sprint since 97 gone through all the Treo's, but the headset problem on the Pre really makes me think. I am the only Pre at work everybody else has the iPhone I love the Pre but it really upsets me they cannot sort the problem out. Yes I have done all tricks to get the headset off so I can hear calls who's fault is it Palms or Sprints. I have a month to choose Palm or iPhone.

Vegas.
    Quote Originally Posted by vegaspool View Post
    I have been with Sprint since 97 gone through all the Treo's, but the headset problem on the Pre really makes me think. I am the only Pre at work everybody else has the iPhone I love the Pre but it really upsets me they cannot sort the problem out. Yes I have done all tricks to get the headset off so I can hear calls who's fault is it Palms or Sprints. I have a month to choose Palm or iPhone.

Vegas.
    To be honest, that's a hardware issue, so the fault lies with Palm for poor design. Sprint didn't manufacture the phone.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Vegas,

Not clear on what you're talking about from your post, but here's a fix for low volume (if that's what you are referring to)

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...completed.html
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    the problem is that the pre will still think the headset is plugged in wen it's not due to something not moving when it should inside the jack. I don't think it's happened to me sense I've had my replacement pre a few months ago. I got mine replaced due to overheating, but you could try showing the problem to someone at sprint and see if they will replace it for free. My feeling is that the newer phones are not as prone to this problem.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Did you bother to search on the forums for an answer? Cus this is one of the oldest issues with the Pre and yes very annoying. I personaly have experience it in a very long time.. But here hope this helps.. Again I don't use that patch and don't feel like there's a need for a patch to make our phone work properly but hey.. What I use to do was plug the earpiece back in, toggle from headset to speaker a couple of times.. Leave it on speaker and toggle back and it would work.. Good luck

http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-...sound-fix.html
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I have used a headset plug that I rubbed WD40 on and then plugged it and unplugged it several times. Worked so far.
    The WD-40 trick works!

IMO,the problem seems to be hardware related. Plugging in the headset puts dirt/forces dirt into the switch that changes the sound from the speaker to the headset mode. Clean the dirt out and the problem is solved for long time,depending on how much dirt gets back into the headset hole.

This has worked 100% of the time for me: