1.    #1  
    Jeepers I read these pages and folks are on their third or fourth Pre. We have two Pres in our family...we're 14.5 months in...and both of our Pres are 'original'...and we're knocking on wood.

I am running into my first problem. When running on WIFI, webpages reload themselves whether I click reload or not...happens two or three times every minute...and is particularly rude because when the page reloads it goes back to the top of the whatever page you were looking at (even if you were looking at the bottom of that page).

Any ideas?
    there's a patch in preware to prevent this, that's my only suggestion.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I believe this is due to the website's programming that the Pre can't yet handle well that causes the reload issues. Your reload issue doesn't happen when using the 3G service, only on WIFI? And you are on the latest webOS 1.4.5 version?
    I tend to use the phone WIFI constantly at home with WPA security, to help save on battery life compared to 3G, and I've only noticed this issue with only certain pages that load web language that the Pre can't handle well. For instance, when trying sites like Precentral.net or Yahoo.com(full) sites on my Pre using WIFI or 3G, it never reloads itself for me, and I don't use ANY patches, only Uberkernel and Govnah. If I try the Target.com full site(not the mobile version) on both WIFI and 3G, then it tries to reload multiple times a second, and this is due to the site, not the WIFI. Hopefully Palm/HP can add compatibility for the web language these kinds of websites are using in the upcoming versions of webOS. Either way, I also do believe there is a patch in Preware that helps with this, but it really shouldn't be an issue with your WIFI.
    Last edited by Solen; 10/16/2010 at 12:28 PM.
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    bump. is it the IDLE patch that works for this because i thought that the patch was only good to prevent unloading memory when in card mode? Are you speaking of the same or a different patch? thank you
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    I have this issue with a couple sites, myself... namely, ENGADGET!! And I'm always over Wi-Fi, so perhaps that is it??

If there is a patch for this reloading, I need it.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    I have this issue with a couple sites, myself... namely, ENGADGET!! And I'm always over Wi-Fi, so perhaps that is it??

If there is a patch for this reloading, I need it.
    Yeah, the only site I've ever had the problem of endless refreshes with is ENGADGET. I can't get more than 10 seconds into reading an Engadget page and then BAM! back up to the top of the page and start over. Very annoying.