1.    #1  
    Hey Everyone, I've done VARIOUS searches about this problem and I haven't found anything relating to my problem. So, Here it is.

First off, I'm running Windows 2k.
    Now, I updated my "Windows Installer" because it wouldn't install Novacom without it (I'd keep running into installation errors) so after that, Novacom installed, and when I go to see if it's running, it isn't. I attempt to re-install, same problem, not running in the background. Which this, Novacom problem is probably the root of my other problem which is this:

When I attempt to install ANYTHING, to my Palm, It always gives me a "connection refused" message. It's quite the headache... Any help is very much welcome. Thank you for your time. I hope to be Homebrewing soon!
    If your Pre in developer mode and just charge?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Hmm, always a tricky one...try this post, it's for Win 7 but you should be able to do very similar within Win2K -->>http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1947471
    I use the free zip utility 7Zip to open the WebOSDoctor.jar file and view it's contents. If you are using WebOS Quick Install, then it has an option to "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" which has worked for some.

If still having issues, try changing USB ports, or you might even want to try all this on another PC altogether.
    Last edited by Solen; 10/16/2010 at 02:33 AM.
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    Have you tried going into services and starting Novacom?
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Have you tried going into services and starting Novacom?
    Like he said...Try going to the "run" window. Type in "services.msc". Look for Palm Novacom in the window that pops out. Either restart it or just stop and start it again.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    hey everyone is giving out my directions all of a sudden lol ltm ltm loll to funny !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    but it will work in alot of cases !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #8  
    Like I stated in my original post, I go and see if Novacom is running (Which means In services) and It's not. Then, I go re-install it, and go check again, and still nothing.
    I KNOW the usb port isn't the problem, I've worked with my phone with the same port every time. And yes, the phone is in "Just Charge"
    I don't see the problem, I'll attempt to use a different computer though. I figure It'll work on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Star View Post
    Like I stated in my original post, I go and see if Novacom is running (Which means In services) and It's not. Then, I go re-install it, and go check again, and still nothing.
    I KNOW the usb port isn't the problem, I've worked with my phone with the same port every time. And yes, the phone is in "Just Charge"
    I don't see the problem, I'll attempt to use a different computer though. I figure It'll work on that.
    If you're in services.msc then you can right click on Palm novacom and click start....no need to keep installing.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

If that doesn't do it for you then go to Home - Palm Developer Center
    and download the SDK...worked for me when Windows 7 was being stubborn.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Star View Post
    Did you ever get Palm/Novacom 'Services' running in Win2k?

I have an identical headache going on atm.

Touchpad 3.0.4 SDK // NovacomInstaller_x86 are not registering in 'Services' either.

Any bright ideas?

Thanks!