Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I was thinking of going from my TP2 to a Pre. Has anyone had a TP2, before the going to the pre. Is so did u regret it. What are the pros and cons. I really like the form of the pre, and always wanted one but couldn't on sero, but now the new sero allows it. My main thing is can the Pre tether without sprint knowing it. I use this function all the time on my TP2. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Well my friend, webOS kicks WinMo 6.5 **** in almost every category. The TP2 is an amazing hardware design, especially the keyboard, which kills the Pre's. If you can get past that, I think you'll be gravy. I don't know about you, but I was constantly flashing roms and doing reg edits to get that "perfect" UX, and never came close to the webOS polish and feel. Everything just makes sense, especially multitasking. You can download the verizon Mobile Hotspot app with a patch for tethering. That's a must for me too. I would probably wait about a month though, just to find out any more info about upcoming product releases.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Thanks steve. I'm on sprint network so will the verizon hotspot work?
    I had the first TP before getting the Pre. I know it's not as good as the TP2, but I love the Pre much more. WebOS compared to Windows Mobile; WebOS wins handsdown, if you haven't used a Pre yet, just go to a Sprint Store and play around with it, see how you like it.

Cons: Battery Life sucks, same as the TP/TP2.
    Pros: Homebrew, Patches & Themes, put webOS on steroids and completely revamps the phone. If you've been following PreCentral I'm sure you're aware of that.

As far as tethering, if you can get the patched version of the Verizon mobile hotspot app, you can install it on to your Sprint Pre and turn it into a Wifi hotspot. (There's a thread somewhere in the forums that talks about how to do it). I've put it on my Sprint Pre like a week ago & used it a couple of times. It works great.

I'd say go ahead and get a Pre if you absolutely need it now, but if you're not in a rush, I'd say wait it out until HP/Palm announces whatever new hardware is coming to Sprint.
    At this point if you can, you may want to wait a couple of months for any announcements on the next webos phones.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    I used to have a TP1 and was looking at getting the TP2 if it ever went lower in price, when it never did, I got the Pre and have never looked back. I have Sprint as well but I'm actually a technician for Verizon...I know, I know...so I can tell you that from my personal experiences that what I thought was the best phone out (TP1) was a pretty good runner up to the Pre. Now keep in mind that I have done some major hacking to my Pre, including the Mobile Hotspot and other tweaks, especially overclocking...and you have to get Angry Birds. But I hope that I have inspired you to grab one while they are cheap and I can also tell you that from working with the Pre on a daily basis before I actually got the Pre, you can't really tell if you're going to like it until you get your information, email, apps and whatever you use on a daily basis.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the replies. Eric if I was to get one, could I contact u with help hacking it. I mainly will be using to tether and then as a phone secondary. So as long as I can tether thru sprint I'm definitely going to get one.
    hey guys, my roomate has a tp2 and i have a palm pre and will agree that webos is far better than windows mobile. I agree with the others, I might wait a month or so to see if a new device is announced.
    one suggestion: don't put your contacts into the palm profile when moving.

also, outlook or desktop sync requires you to buy a 3rd party app. Are you planning to sync with your pc?

more info in this thread/diatribe:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...-their-pc.html
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Well been using the pre for about a week now. I'm happy with it, but my biggest gripe is no gps program, besides sprint navigation. I'm not too happy with it. Is there any gps software that I can use on the pre. On the TP2 I had garmin installed and loved it. I really need a good gps.