Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone know how to change the sound of their dialpad for the pre?? I am looking for someone who would be willing to help me with this and i would gladly pay them through pay pal,,, but i want to turn my key paid sounds to the back to the future sound that is made when he enters the numbers and than when u hit the call buttin it makes the accepted sound... anyone know what im talking bout
    There is probably an app or patch for that! Sorry that's all I got and was my attempt at being funny.

That would be neat to have different sounds...
  3.    #3  
    :-) i got the joke and l iaughed too... why cant things be so easy i saw a youtube of it being done on the iphone
    I'm gonna watch this thread to see if anyone comes up or has a way to do it though.

BTW are you at a sporting event in the picture....
  5.    #5  
    LOl yes kelly i am at a Saints game
    I thought that might be where you were. At first I thought hmmmm what hockey arena is that then I saw you are from New Orleans.
  7.    #7  
    haha well thank you i guess
    Boo Saints.... =) Does kinda look like a hockey arena in that pic kelly, I am with ya.

Anyways I would think this is doable, I don't have time to even mess with it this weekend, you may want to post this in the patch section (mods may move it for you). People smarter and better than me would be able to give you more specifics, if someone makes this, I would use it too. =)

One thing you should do, is post the audio files up in this thread. Having the audio files on hand easily, plus the cash offer you gave may give someone a reason to do it.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I like cash.

I'm digging through my extracted webOS Doctor now.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    <<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I thought of doing this several months ago but could not find any audio files. I'm thinking they're embedded in the phone app itself.
    Last edited by NachoB; 10/15/2010 at 07:16 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I thought of doing this several months but could not find any audio files. I'm thinking they're embedded in the phone app itself.
    I only found some .pcm files... I've been doing a lot of searching but keep hitting dead ends.
    Here's the thread that started my quest, and I came up empty.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...s-dialpad.html
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Here's the thread that started my quest, and I came up empty.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...s-dialpad.html
    I'm still looking around, but the dialpad sounds seem to be somewhere deep inside webOS. Palm, why make this so complicated for us?
    You're doing this for a Saints fan?? This could be cool if someone can find the sound files in webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You're doing this for a Saints fan?? This could be cool if someone can find the sound files in webOS.
    /usr/share/systemsounds/

They are all in pcm format though...
    Ah, nice find. I wonder if changing these effect the actual dial out dtmf tones, thereby making it impossible to dial out. Hmmmm.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Ah, nice find. I wonder if changing these effect the actual dial out dtmf tones, thereby making it impossible to dial out. Hmmmm.
    I couldn't find any random pcm files to test with, so I copied dtmf_2, renamed as dtmf_1, and then replaced the stock dtmf_1 with the "new" one. It didn't change the Phone app sounds...
    I tried a Luna reboot after swapping the files... Never tried a full phone reboot. Doing that now...
    Holy crap, it worked!!!

Turns out you need to do a full reboot after changing the files.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast