Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    my guess on other voices would be you would have to actually buy them. Try contacting one of the text to speech software companies and see if they have some sort of plug-in available.
    Does anyone know where the phone app audio files are? They were at /usr/share/systemsounds/ in 1.4.5...but now I do not see them in that folder for 2.1..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    *shameless bump*

Anyone? I did a search on the entire drive for files that contain the word "dtmf"..and no results. I have to assume they are now part of a jar file or tar file...but I'm not sure how to effectively search through such files without unzipping them first..
    Using nova-browser (from the Palm PDK) I manually searched just about the entire contents of my Pre and couldn't find them anywhere
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Using nova-browser (from the Palm PDK) I manually searched just about the entire contents of my Pre and couldn't find them anywhere
    Oh thank goodness it's not just me.. lol

I was thrilled to find them on the previous versions...I think I mentioned previously in this thread about my friend who has problems with his eyes...so I switched the files with voice-dictated numbers, and he LOVED it. Now I upgraded his phone to 2.1 and we're back to square one. Of all the things to change...I'm hoping it's not some sort of compressed file that contains "tones" rather than actual audio files..but...
    *bump*

Anyone?
    I would love different voices just saying the numbers.
    If you're on webOS < = 1.4.5 then install the ones found here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2717453

If you're on webOS 2.x, we have yet to find where they are now being stored (granted I haven't put much effort into finding them again on 2.x)
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    If you're on webOS 2.x, we have yet to find where they are now being stored (granted I haven't put much effort into finding them again on 2.x)
    Now would be a good time sir...

If I new more intricate search options in Linux I may have found them by now...but I haven't been able to effectively search inside archived files, and I suspect that's where they are..
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789