Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    I've been lurking in this thread just to observe how awesome you guys are. OP just threw it out there and through collaboration you got the idea up and running in three days. Incredible. Great job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    They should (i think) be able to be changed by making it into a theme though...
    A theme would work, but then you're limited to just the one theme. I did this for my flip-clock on the lock screen just so others could install and see it. I myself manually replace the files because I'm already using Glass Effects Suite (Alternate) Theme.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    is this going to be in patch form , ever ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I am 99% sure that answer is "no". Sorry, some things just can't be patched.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    so why not ? will it be in theme form then ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    A theme would work, but then you're limited to just the one theme. I did this for my flip-clock on the lock screen just so others could install and see it. I myself manually replace the files because I'm already using Glass Effects Suite (Alternate) Theme.
    If you like SqyArc's Glass Effect Suite, you may like my version of it. Even if you don't want to install a theme, all of my Glass Effect themes are also available in zips at Prethemer for easy access to the images. My thread is here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ollection.html

Just in case you may be interested lol.
    There is no file to patch lol. Something deep inside webOS calls for these sounds.

Theme is possible, but then you can't install any other themes. Theme makers can now easily add new system sounds to their themes though. Should be interesting.
    Another How-To I did, makes it pretty easy (I think) to unzip files on the Pre.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-terminal.html
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    If you like SqyArc's Glass Effect Suite, you may like my version of it. Even if you don't want to install a theme, all of my Glass Effect themes are also available in zips at Prethemer for easy access to the images. My thread is here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ollection.html

Just in case you may be interested lol.
    I'll give it a looksee

Palm Pre wallpapers
    I may have missed this...but does anyone know whether changing the dtmf tones will disable the ability to dial extensions, etc., during a call?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quills View Post
    I may have missed this...but does anyone know whether changing the dtmf tones will disable the ability to dial extensions, etc., during a call?
    NachoB said that still works.
    Does not effect the dialed tones, only those played through the speaker, and only when initially dialing a phone number. After that the tones are normal DTMF.
    NachoB said that still works.
    Does not effect the dialed tones, only those played through the speaker.
    See? lol
    ^ Good work fellas! Thanks for the tones NachoB, and the path Garrett!
    I don't mind making them if people post what they'd like for all the keys. Normally I have the tones disabled.
    ^ Good work fellas! Thanks for the tones NachoB, and the path Garrett!
    NachoB did all the hard work by figuring out how to convert other sound formats correctly. I just found where the sounds were lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkieboy View Post
    Here are the sounds I am trying to convert. I didn't create these, I downloaded them from another site.

Edit: Almost there, I can here the voice, but instead of a woman's voice, it is a man's voice, real slow. Maybe it is the size of the file??
    Not sure who the woman is saying Zero, but she's not the same woman saying all the other numbers
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I don't mind making them if people post what they'd like for all the keys. Normally I have the tones disabled.
    I'm sure a set of Star Trek sounds will go over quite well. I just downloaded the PCMs from my phone so I can start thinking about what to replace.

Couldn't we have a app/patch combo that gives us a tone selection screen? Like we have now for regular ringtones?
    Just playing around.....
    Let your friends, coworkers, family make calls using these
    Attached Files Attached Files

Palm Pre wallpapers
    This is so cool...a friend of mine has major eye troubles and I've been waiting for months for this! Thank you!

That said...anyone know where to find other voices? I think it would sweet to have like...Jigsaw..or Captain Kirk..someone distinct...that would rock.

Any ideas? I tried google but I'm not even 100% sure of what I'm looking for as far as search terms..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast