Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Wow, I call that a success. They sound great. What in the world did you do to make it work?
    Very nice, NachoB! Now.. share your knowledge with us lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Instructions moved to H E R E
    Last edited by NachoB; 10/20/2010 at 11:12 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    (Instructions below are using GoldWave v5.58)

This generates Wave PCM 16 bit signed, 16000Hz, mono files.

Well, the Pre wants them Raw PCM 16 bit signed, 44100Hz, mono to play correctly. Raw(.snd) format being the missing step for me up until this morning

• So I first manually trimmed the audio and increased the volume of all the files (the louder the better right), then saved them how they originally were (Wave PCM 16 bit signed, 16000Hz, mono). Let's say I saved them to c:\DTMF.
    • Next, using GoldWave's Batch Process, pointed it to the folder c:\DTMF, converted them to Type Wave, with attribute PCM 16 bit signed mono, and a Rate (Hz) of 44100 (necessary step so that the speed is adjusted accordingly with the bump up in Hz). Specified to save them to a different folder in the Batch Process dialog window (probably not required to save to a different folder but I didn't want to modify the original files I was playing with in case I wasn't successful). Let's say I saved these in c:\DTMF\Edited. So now I have all new wave files in the Edited folder, properly playing at 44100 Hz.
    • Next, performed another Batch Process, this time pointing it to folder c:\DTMF\Edited, and converted them to Type Raw (*.snd), with attribute PCM signed 16 bit, little endian, mono, leaving the Hz unchecked. Since I didn't change the Save To folder this generated filename.snd files in c:\DTMF\Edited.
    • Lastly, renamed all of them to filename.pcm, then the obvious, put them in /usr/share/systemsounds and rebooted. Yaaayy!!

I'll update with screenshots here shortly.
    Very nice work.

I need to go out for a bit, but once I get back I really want to make some new sound themes. lol. (Plus I need to help out the OP... definitely taking care of that today)

Thanks NachoB! Hopefully we won't have to deal with that popping sound anymore.
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 10/18/2010 at 12:38 PM.
    Good job. Looks like front page material to me.

Now, would it be possible to create a patch that could change the tones? If we created a folder in \media\internal named .soundfolder then we could send the tones to this folder, and change them on the fly via the patch. The patch could also create backups of the originals and and replace them upon removing the patch.
    Seems like it might be a little easier then using WQIS for each file or Internalz. You could also incorporate the sounds into an actual theme such as Star Trek, Star Wars, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkieboy View Post
    Good job. Looks like front page material to me.

Now, would it be possible to create a patch that could change the tones? If we created a folder in \media\internal named .soundfolder then we could send the tones to this folder, and change them on the fly via the patch. The patch could also create backups of the originals and and replace them upon removing the patch.
    Seems like it might be a little easier then using WQIS for each file or Internalz. You could also incorporate the sounds into an actual theme such as Star Trek, Star Wars, etc.
    I really don't think this is patchable...
    Ok, worth a shot to ask though.
    Here are the sounds I am trying to convert. I didn't create these, I downloaded them from another site.

Edit: Almost there, I can here the voice, but instead of a woman's voice, it is a man's voice, real slow. Maybe it is the size of the file??
    Try these.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NachoB; 10/18/2010 at 05:22 PM.
    Ok, worth a shot to ask though.
    They should (i think) be able to be changed by making it into a theme though...
    have you guys tried these instructions?

To export to 44 100 Hz 16-bit PCM WAV:

1. If required, convert the stereo track to mono.
    2. Look at the Project Rate button at bottom left of the screen. If it is already showing "44100", skip to Step 2 below. Otherwise, click on the button and select the "44100" option. If there isn't a 44 100 Hz option, select "Other ..." and type 44 100 in the box that pops up (in Audacity Beta, select and type over one of the values).
    * In 1.2 versions of Audacity: Click Edit > Preferences (Audacity > Preferences on a Mac) and then the File Formats tab. In the "Uncompressed Export Format" dropdown, select "WAV (Microsoft 16 bit PCM)" and click OK. Then click on File > Export As WAV, select a file name to export your WAV file to and hit Save.
    * In Audacity Beta, click File > Export and in the "Export File" dialogue, choose "WAV (Microsoft) signed 16 bit PCM" in the file types dropdown, then a file name to export to. Click OK then Save. If the Metadata Editor pops up at any stage, click OK. Metadata tags are not needed for WAV files in mobile 'phones.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Made these on this program I have using a text to speech, then through a Vocodor sound filter(Complex Pad). Haven't installed and tested yet, but I gotta head out and thought someone else could give it a try. Basically 0-9 then pound and star, some of them are a little bassey, and I'm going to have to fine tune to make them a little more audible but this is kind of the first time I've used this program for this function. I have countless ways I can shape these sounds, this should be fun
    Was going to convert these, but they all practically sounded the same (to me)...
    Last edited by NachoB; 10/18/2010 at 01:52 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Ok well not delete but make it so quiet that you would need a super powered microphone next to a mega amplied speaker to barely hear it. LOL

after your audio patch mamouton i dont think you can make it quiet enough ha
    nacho I couldn't even hear them on my phone. I dug around for quite a few hours yesterday looking for different TTS programs that didn't involve spending any money. What a slow and painful process that was, glad somebody figured it out. Safe to assume the popping noise is now eliminated? Oh woe is me down to 13% juice and my charger's at home. I just HAD to instal animated everything

also had some problems with long ie longer than a second to 2 second clips. Tried 3 and 4 second clips and just sounded like an audio nightmare.
    Google search ATT Text to speech
  15.    #135  
    lol i forgot to keep in toch with this me n garrett have emailed over the weekend bout this issue so was it completed?? whoever did it please pm ( i think garrett fixed it??) and i will pay pal u whatever u think is reasonable
    I'm just about to transfer these files from my PC to my phone, and see how they work. I'm not sure how ambitious you are there Nacho, one of the things I was thinking about with spoken numbers etc was different languages, but I was having a hard time finding a suitable translation program in which I could translate a number and save it, the saving being the hard part, wasn't about to buy a program for something like that. I did have moderate success with my sound files(aside from that annoying blip at the beginning)(some of the files I couldn't even hear it due to the nature of the sound) but again, with the length of some of them, just made it to difficult to distinguish the sounds if I were to type them in at a normal speed.

While we're (sorta) on this topic....other system sounds, are they required to be set up the same way? ie the bingbong on a startup? That thing is pretty lame, imo, I will re-read the last part of this thread and see if I can figure it out using Audacity, should be pretty much the same?, if not I'll look into Goldwave.

Nice work, phone just rebooted. Maybe you could send me those raw sound files, and I'll see what I can do with them, and send them back? Just for fun if you have time.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    The raw sound files I generated from googling "ATT Text to speech".
    I've only played around with the dtmf files so I'm not sure if the other pcm files require the same formatting, but I would think so.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    found a good one with different languages nextup.com. I gotta run out but I'll be playing later
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Is there a particular language you're looking for?

Palm Pre wallpapers
    not particularily but was just thinking about others ie french, german, as the pre is available over there. spanish as well ie USA might be fun to have russian or something not well known, so you could learn them yourself and have a 'little' privacy out in public. just throwing ideas out.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast