Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I tried to import as an audio file and hit the export but PCM wasnt an option. Hope a solution comes soon
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I tried to import as an audio file and hit the export but PCM wasnt an option. Hope a solution comes soon
    You talking about Audacity?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    yup
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    To save as a pcm, you need to save as "Other uncompressed files" and type .pcm after your filename.
    ok I'll try it. I found another program WavePad Master's Edition and got it converted. I'll try it out and see what happens and let you know.
    ok I'll try it. I found another program WavePad Master's Edition and got it converted. I'll try it out and see what happens and let you know.
    Sounds good. I'll be here.
    stupid question how do you get the underscore in internals? trying to rename my file to dtmf_pound.pcm

nevermind I found it

just realized I converted it to a mpc file....haven't done the reset yet....and back to square 1.
    alright in the middle of a restart.....keeping the fingers crossed let's see if my pound button barks like a dog
    THAT IS SICK!!!!! I get that little click too but I guess depending on what sound you use....the bark for my pound button....oh god....I have literally thousands if not tens of thousands of sound samples.....now if only we can get rid of that click....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    THAT IS SICK!!!!! I get that little click too but I guess depending on what sound you use....the bark for my pound button....oh god....I have literally thousands if not tens of thousands of sound samples.....now if only we can get rid of that click....
    Yea man, the possibilities are endless. We now have access to all the default system sounds.

But damn Palm, why pcm? Why???
    ok here's 9 different water dripping sounds just for something to try out. I left them as water01.pcm through water09.pcm, they'll have to be changed to the proper dtmf_1.pcm once in the phone...I'm going to put them on my phone and see what it sounds like.

having problems getting my phone recognized when I plug into my usb now...off to read up on forcing the usb mode as orange+sym+u not working
    Last edited by sledge007; 10/17/2010 at 02:08 AM.
    here's a few more. I have them on my phone ...kind of jumbled when you hit them fast but I didn't find any lag or problems with the overlapping of noise, and with those files the clicking noise is almost unnoticeable. There's some potential here I had to split the 12 files into 3 zips because of the size(2Mb total)
    Last edited by sledge007; 10/17/2010 at 04:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Awesome thread. Telephone keypad as soundboard! Farm animals would be cool, or an autotuned quack.

It would also be cool if Palm had a ninja for threads like this. S/he'd slip into a thread and say, "psst...in order to get rid of the click you'd have to modify the .pcm like *this*, and btw I was never here and you didn't hear it from me...."
    I've been using Goldwave, converting them via the Batch process to 16 bit signed mono, 44100Hz. Speed is normal but can get rid of the popping noise. I've tried different bit and Hz variations but still get the popping. Been busy with other things this weekend and haven't had much time to research.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I've been using Goldwave, converting them via the Batch process to 16 bit signed mono, 44100Hz. Speed is normal but can get rid of the popping noise. I've tried different bit and Hz variations but still get the popping. Been busy with other things this weekend and haven't had much time to research.
    We need some kind of sound format expert in here!

Once we solve this "popping issue", the fun can really start!
    Made these on this program I have using a text to speech, then through a Vocodor sound filter(Complex Pad). Haven't installed and tested yet, but I gotta head out and thought someone else could give it a try. Basically 0-9 then pound and star, some of them are a little bassey, and I'm going to have to fine tune to make them a little more audible but this is kind of the first time I've used this program for this function. I have countless ways I can shape these sounds, this should be fun

oya they are already converted to the .pcm format, just need to install on phone and rename and put into usr/share/systemsounds.
    it occurred to me to just name them the proper dtmf_whatever.pcm.....and then simply move and replace. Be a whole lot easier. Next time
    it occurred to me to just name them the proper dtmf_whatever.pcm.....and then simply move and replace. Be a whole lot easier. Next time
    Yea... what have you been doing? lol
    those sounds didn't work 1 out of 12 came through. Click's still there ...going to keep working on this
    Had an epiphany today (now that I've had time to play), and it goes something like this....
    Last edited by NachoB; 10/18/2010 at 09:18 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers