Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I found a nice stash of .ogg files from an old music producing program I used to mess around with. If I can figure this out I'm pretty sure I can come up with some neat little tone packages.

Read about that New Posts page....kinda lame, first I've seen it happen though.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I found a nice stash of .ogg files from an old music producing program I used to mess around with. If I can figure this out I'm pretty sure I can come up with some neat little tone packages.

Read about that New Posts page....kinda lame, first I've seen it happen though.
    Now you'll just have to convert them to pcm and try to get them to play correctly lol. Me and NachoB have been having some problems with that...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I'm going to re-read this thread again and see what I can come up with...I got some killer sounds..... too many to count...
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    @Garrett92C

Dude, you did not PM me to help you test this
    Good find.
    I looked over them files a lot of times.
    I don't have a Media player app that will play them so to the back of my list they went
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

I tried using Audacity ( I have the 1.3 Beta version ) and I get this error message:
    Error while opening sound device. Please check the output device settings and the project sample rate. I haven't used Audacity very much so not sure where I should be looking for an answer. I have the .ogg file loaded and I can see the shape of the sound, but when I hit play is when I get that message. So any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    @Garrett92C

Dude, you did not PM me to help you test this
    Good find.
    I looked over them files a lot of times.
    I don't have a Media player app that will play them so to the back of my list they went
    Sorry man lol.

I use Audacity to play them. It's a great free program. You need to go to File > Import > Raw Data... and select the pcm file. You may have to play around with the settings to make them play right though.

You can also use Audacity to convert other sound formats to pcm. We haven't found a setting that works perfectly though...

This opens up a lot of possibilities though!
    I tried using Audacity ( I have the 1.3 Beta version ) and I get this error message:
    Error while opening sound device. Please check the output device settings and the project sample rate. I haven't used Audacity very much so not sure where I should be looking for an answer. I have the .ogg file loaded and I can see the shape of the sound, but when I hit play is when I get that message. So any ideas?
    I'm pretty new to Audacity as well. I'm not sure how to fix your problem. NachoB mentioned a different program he was using to convert... I don't remember the name of it though. It's somewhere in this thread lol.
    just getting ready to post that garrett I tried forever to play and then on a whim did an import I was like cool. I am still trying to find that sound that plays when the phone call ends. Not the sound that I wrote a patch for but it is a little irritating beep. I want to delete that sound so bad. But my rant was off topic I apologize.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    ...I am still trying to find that sound that plays when the phone call ends. Not the sound that I wrote a patch for but it is a little irritating beep. I want to delete that sound so bad. But my rant was off topic I apologize.
    I hope you find it.. I hope you find it... I hope you find it.. that beep is annoying.
    Ok you got me a few steps closer if you got the time can you walk me through a complete import export because when i go to export, I don't seem to see .pcm as an option just WAV, AIFF, and other compressed types;MP3 Files;Ogg Vorbis Files;FLAC Files;MP2 Files & (external program)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    just getting ready to post that garrett I tried forever to play and then on a whim did an import I was like cool. I am still trying to find that sound that plays when the phone call ends. Not the sound that I wrote a patch for but it is a little irritating beep. I want to delete that sound so bad. But my rant was off topic I apologize.
    I would advise against just deleting the file... These system sounds seem to be deep in webOS. They are loaded only when you power on your phone. It may cause your phone to not boot if it can't find a file...
    Ok you got me a few steps closer if you got the time can you walk me through a complete import export because when i go to export, I don't seem to see .pcm as an option just WAV, AIFF, and other compressed types;MP3 Files;Ogg Vorbis Files;FLAC Files;MP2 Files & (external program)
    Well I already explained the Import lol. For exporting:

File > Export
    Save as type: Other uncompressed files
    File name: whatever.pcm

Make sure you add the .pcm at the end of the file name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I would advise against just deleting the file... These system sounds seem to be deep in webOS. They are loaded only when you power on your phone. It may cause your phone to not boot if it can't find a file...
    Ok well not delete but make it so quiet that you would need a super powered microphone next to a mega amplied speaker to barely hear it. LOL
    You may have to play around with the 'Project Rate (Hz)' (bottom left corner of the screen) before you export the file. Sometimes it'll play fast or slow when you test it on your phone.

Oh, and a full phone reboot is required for your phone to use the new sounds... Yea, that sucks lol...
    Ok I figured it out, I had my Music Maker program open (to see where the file was located) and for whatever reason, it wouldn't play the file in Audacity with that program open. So before I start messing around trying some things out, is the only way to get back to normal once I start altering these files the doctor or is there a quicker and easier way?
    I made a copy of the folder so I wouldn't mess anything up.
    ok good idea I seem to have this white noise for about a second before I hear the selected file, I should be able to just cut that off. Why the 22050 Hz by the way?
    ok good idea I seem to have this white noise for about a second before I hear the selected file, I should be able to just cut that off. Why the 22050 Hz by the way?
    Turns out 22050Hz worked for the file I was converting. You'll need to adjust it as you go. Kind of a guessing game lol
    How many bit should I be encoding to? I have signed 8, 16, 24,32 and unsigned 8 PCM to pick from, as well as VOX ADPCM.
    I don't know... That's why we haven't been able to figure out the right settings to use yet... NachoB knows more about this than I do (maybe haha )