Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    in all of this, just discovered while dialing that holding the asterick down creates a timed pause (t) and holding pound down creates a hard pause (p). Cool!
    And wouldn't ya know it, now my Pre's battery is at 20% grrrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    And wouldn't ya know it, now my Pre's battery is at 20% grrrrr
    It's ok man. Enjoy your smoke and Captain. I'm sure this problem will still be here when you get back haha
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    And for those that care, I'm using Goldwave, and the Batch process of converting the files which allows me to save them at 44100 which seems to be a requirement.
    Here's something about sox conversion to pcm, it talks directly about the popping noise:

"If you attempt to convert a wav or mp3 file as if it were raw data sox will attempt to convert the wav header information as if it were audio data. That data will generate the "pop" you are hearing."

I would think that this is the same pop each of us is hearing...
    Strange thing about the popping noise, I don't hear it on my computer, only on the Pre....
    I have PMed HardBeatZ, maybe he can enlighten me on the situation.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by arkieboy View Post
    Here's something about sox conversion to pcm, it talks directly about the popping noise:

"If you attempt to convert a wav or mp3 file as if it were raw data sox will attempt to convert the wav header information as if it were audio data. That data will generate the "pop" you are hearing."

I would think that this is the same pop each of us is hearing...
    I read something on some random internet forum saying that you can just strip the top 44 bits from a wav to convert it to a pcm file. That may get rid of the popping?

I have no idea how to do that though lol...
    Dang I guess I am too late to the party. LOL! Well this project is complete I would be more than happy to test out as well.
    Strange thing about the popping noise, I don't hear it on my computer, only on the Pre....
    Same here... Maybe it's caused by how webOS handles it's sounds? I look forward to hearing what HardBeatz says...
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Dang I guess I am too late to the party. LOL! Well this project is complete I would be more than happy to test out as well.
    Welcome, mamouton! lol

I uploaded a zip a page or two back with new dialpad sounds. Feel free to download it and send the files to /usr/share/systemsounds/. There's a "pop" noise right as each file starts to play though...
    Ok cool will do.

I just finished making some patches based on jctreo's changes that allow the volume for calls and media to be increased I can't turn my phone over 1/2 way now.
    Ok cool will do.

I just finished making some patches based on jctreo's changes that allow the volume for calls and media to be increased I can't turn my phone over 1/2 way now.
    Nice!

Oh, you'll need to do a full phone reboot after sending the sounds for it to work...
    ...I can't turn my phone over 1/2 way now.
    What does this mean?

EDIT: never mind, you're referring to the volume level. I installed your patch for that but didn't notice a difference.

EDIT 2: just read a reboot is required. Doing that now.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    What does this mean?

EDIT: never mind, you're referring to the volume level. I installed your patch for that but didn't notice a difference.

EDIT 2: just read a reboot is required. Doing that now.
    lol I did the same thing and was like this isn't working so I tried the reboot and was blown away. They are spread over many three threads I believe.
    Media-backspeaker
    headset volume
    media headset
    Does anyone know if the sounds will overlap each other if say the sounds are not the same length? I was thinking of maybe some different Star Wars sounds...could have a couple different lightsaber sounds.....little background music....darth vader breath...laser gun sounds etc...would make a neat effect if they all overlapped.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Does anyone know if the sounds will overlap each other if say the sounds are not the same length? I was thinking of maybe some different Star Wars sounds...could have a couple different lightsaber sounds.....little background music....darth vader breath...laser gun sounds etc...would make a neat effect if they all overlapped.
    Yea, they do overlap, but it acts weird when you have a couple sounds going and are still dialing...
    acts weird how? I might look into finding some clips and trying this out tomorrow.
    acts weird how? I might look into finding some clips and trying this out tomorrow.
    Like some of the sounds will cut out or be delayed when you press a button... The Phone app doesn't like playing more than two or three sounds at a time lol.
    hmm too bad...wonder if that's just the way it is or if someone could fix that? Still going to find some sounds and mess around. If that could be fixed that could open up some tone themes I think.

wonder why I have to search this thread everytime...is it hidden from new posts or something?
    wonder why I have to search this thread everytime...is it hidden from new posts or something?
    No, they changes how the 'New Posts' page works...

See here for more info:
    http://forums.precentral.net/treocen...osts-page.html