1.    #1  
    Hey,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with this, I've been having a very annoying problem with my o2 (Germany) Palm Pre for some months now.

When I'm making a call and putting the Pre next to my face/ear, the dislay doesn't turn off anymore - the result is usually a surprising mix of cards being opened and actions being executed. The most common is the Pre calling the person I'm talking to again, so I have two separate calls with the same person, I have to manage calls, they get put on hold. Also, I've noticed people's contacts being linked, which can be very akward, if you send a colleague a text meant for your significant other because your phone linked their contact profiles. This has also been happening while making a call w/o the display shutting off.

Any ideas?
    Thanks & Cheers,
    Saxelfur
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxelfur View Post
    Hey,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with this, I've been having a very annoying problem with my o2 (Germany) Palm Pre for some months now.

When I'm making a call and putting the Pre next to my face/ear, the dislay doesn't turn off anymore - the result is usually a surprising mix of cards being opened and actions being executed. The most common is the Pre calling the person I'm talking to again, so I have two separate calls with the same person, I have to manage calls, they get put on hold. Also, I've noticed people's contacts being linked, which can be very akward, if you send a colleague a text meant for your significant other because your phone linked their contact profiles. This has also been happening while making a call w/o the display shutting off.

Any ideas?
    Thanks & Cheers,
    Saxelfur
    Sounds like its your proximity sensor is no longer working you may want to try a doctor if that does not work then it will need to be replaced or repaired I attached a photo of the part that needs to be replaced if you dont know how its not easy to do but can be done by a professional... This part is the earpiece with all the sensors Light sensor far left prox sensor far right... The speaker is the big thing in the middle...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gitit20; 10/15/2010 at 02:57 AM.
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    any screen protector on the device?

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    had a screen protector that cause the proximity sensor to act weird before, are you using one?
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for your replies. No, I'm not using a screen protector, so that can't be it. I will have to see if doctoring it helps ...