Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here is a picture of my husband's Palm Pre+ that was ran over several times. I know it's not very good but if you look closely you can see it still works (text messaging open).

We had to use the keyboard to nagivate because for obvious reasons the touch screen wouldn't work. LOL

ranoverpre.jpg
    Nice RIP
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Reminds me of a watch I once had. " .....and keeps on ticking"
    I hope you have insurance!
    And people complain about the build quality... Seems like a pretty tough device in my opinion!
    Out of curiosity, what age is that Pre+?
    that should buff off i think
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Wow... thats gotta suck... hey umm... by chance does the touchscreen still work or were you trying to get to a text message when you dropped it?
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
  8.    #8  
    a) yes he had/has insurance and it only cost him $80 to replace it
    b) it was less than a year old (maybe 6 months)
  9.    #9  
    He actually left it on the top of the car while filling gas and drove away. No the touch screen didn't work at all. We used the keyboard to access things like contacts, messaging, etc.
    Sad Day
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    Ha... Universal Search FTW!
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Think of how many have been posted about that survived drowning, including mine! LOL
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Yep, try that with a no keyboard candybrick!

BTW... I am posting this from the "No Name Beta" app mentioned on the front page of the PreCentral site. Works really well.

Five Stars from me!

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    OP: did it cause any oreo?

Pastorrich- we have missed you!
  15.    #15  
    CantAffordIt, LOL He never had oreo and I'm trying to think if it had oreo after. I don't think so. ONly thing was the battery compartment/back wouldn't stay on but the battery stayed tight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    OP: did it cause any oreo?

Pastorrich- we have missed you!
    Thank you Sir!

I was in Europe for a month and three weeks before that was playing around with the EVO and Epic. Nice Hardware but as you know NOTHING beats WebOS.

17.    #17  
    PastorRich1, How did you like the Epic? I thought about upgrading (since I can do it now been a year since I got my beloved Pre) but then I wanna hold that upgrade for maybe the new Pre if it ever gets here.
    Well..... there's your problem!
    The Epic has an amazing screen and I like the landscape keyboard (although it's a little too big). I had it for two weeks and spent close to $50 on apps to get it tweaked the way I wanted. All in all I hated Android OS. I gave it a fair shake though.

I also spent a little time over at Android Central. I wasn't impressed. Too many devices with unique configurations and carrier specific OS modifications and apps. Self service is the rule over there. There are some other sites too but they were the same.

Pre Central is an amazing community. I wouldn't leave if I were you. Use Homebrew to tweak your Pre, get the Pre 2 if available to you and wait for the next BIG WebOS device release. I think it'll be worth it.

20.    #20  
    PastorRich1, I am so afraid I'll hate it if I go to it. I think I'll just play it out here for now. I still am afraid to do homebrew/patching. I keep looking for someone in Tucson to come walk me through it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast