1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I have just received an SMS, but when I select it, there is no visible text for that message - or indeed any messages I have received in that thread in the past. When I see the message on the screen where I select the message (Where there is a small preview of the text inside the new message) I can see the first few characters, but when I want to read the full message there is just nothing there...

The same is true of all of my previous conversations on the phone.

Has anyone heard of this problem before?

I have tried removing all patches related to the messaging app just in case a recent update had screwed everything up but this hasn't helped.

Thanks,
    Andy
    I am assuming its the advanced system prefs patch......
    ok found the fix .. turn off drafts copy to clipboard and all will work

oh yea restore your patches..

btw signatures dont work in the advanced pref patches
    This is known to occur with Advanced Configuration for System Preferences, and the fix is
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix
    - Empty messages in messaging app (current workaround is to go to SMS prefs and toggle some setting so settings get stored).
    @Rabbi-emu

If you go back into preferences and turn on drafts copy to clipboard, your messages should still show now.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi-emu View Post
    ok found the fix .. turn off drafts copy to clipboard and all will work

oh yea restore your patches..

btw signatures dont work in the advanced pref patches
    make sure you let the advanced config developer know in his thread. it seams this is one of several things he is fixing, so your input and workaround would probably help him:

here is the thread for that patch:
    http://forums.precentral.net/enlight...nces-acsp.html

I noticed that the dev just said he posted a fix that may solve the issue. I don't use this patch (yet) so check the thread above for info and instructions if you determine this to be the source of your problem.

here is a thread that also indicates that patch has creates some messaging issues:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ing-issue.html
    I have no patches (yes no patches) and am getting this error along with the service icons disappearing from time to time. I am on Verizon. Several other people have posted issues of the same problems, but corrected with removing the advance config ap or pulling the battery I have pulled my battery and so far so good. Was thinking it was a network issue, but is happening across networks.