Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello everyone,

I have been lurking around these forums for the past few days. I have been using an iPhone 3Gs for the past 1 year or so. Always wanted to try out the AT&T Palm Pre Plus. So gave the iPhone to my wife and got myself the pre plus.

Loving it so far. still playing around with the OS and the app catalog.

Concerned a little bit about the battery life..but I have been getting some good battery saving tips from this forum.

eager to start installing Homebrew apps and pathes.

Not sure if I should have waited for the pre2 to come out. But i figured it might still be 1 year till it comes on AT&T. Maybe the pre2 launches on sprint only?

tc
    -Tophaholic
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Welcome to the community!
    Welcome.
    Look up Sconix's patches and ModeSwitcher app in PreWare.
    There's a thread on how mode settings can save on battery.
    Also, get the UberKernel/Govnah combo.
    Plus don't hesitate to ask this community about anything...
    Manny
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Welcome, if you can't quite manage with the battery life, you may want to invest in the mugen1400, it's a solid battery and worth the price, but is only good if you need a little more battery life not alot.

Homebrew is everywhere here, but I feel the best way to get started with the brew is, get to know your pre+ and what you feel it needs. I really think you should buy 'preware homebrew documentation' (phd) app by, Rod Whitby. It will give you the easiest, most informative and accurate info, all in one place. It also goes to a good cause. Whatever you can't find in that app is here on p|c. Which by the way has alot of great peoples, ready and willing to assist you with issues(i'm not one of them). Again welcome!
    There are plenty of ways to start saving battery once you get into homebrew. I started using 'govnah' to control the voltages and my phone now has plenty of battery left at the end of the day.

welcome
    Welcome! What made you decide to switch?
    buy an extended battery and external charger. You won't be able to put the phone down, and 7x24 use will take a lot of battery.
    welcome to your new addiction. Hotel webOS - you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave...
    Welcome to P|C! Since you are on AT&T, you might find some useful info here: http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...stop-here.html

Enjoy your new Pre!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Welcome to the community!

I use touchstones so I don't worry that much about battery life. I keep my Pre Plus on a touchstone at home, car and office so it is always fully charged.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    seidio 2600mah battery is the way to go I am a heavy user and need onl charge my phone once every two days. 50 bucks shipped through amazon
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by step20405 View Post
    seidio 2600mah battery is the way to go I am a heavy user and need onl charge my phone once every two days. 50 bucks shipped through amazon
    Link please.
    Welcome. I am confident you will really like your pre more and more. I never have a problem with battery life because I use the touchstone every opportunity possible and I have a car battery charger that I plug into the phone when in the car. Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tophaholic View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have been lurking around these forums for the past few days. I have been using an iPhone 3Gs for the past 1 year or so. Always wanted to try out the AT&T Palm Pre Plus. So gave the iPhone to my wife and got myself the pre plus.

Loving it so far. still playing around with the OS and the app catalog.

Concerned a little bit about the battery life..but I have been getting some good battery saving tips from this forum.

eager to start installing Homebrew apps and pathes.

Not sure if I should have waited for the pre2 to come out. But i figured it might still be 1 year till it comes on AT&T. Maybe the pre2 launches on sprint only?

tc
    -Tophaholic
    Welcome to the dark side!!
    Someone get the OP a medal!

...be patient with the battery, it takes a couple days to cycle...get Dr battery app.... get uberkernel/govnah, i get the best life from a performance 1ghz setting, google "linux race to idle," your device may respond differently tho...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Welcome to P|C.

Just be sure to get extended life batteries, maybe a couple of extras. Oh, and lots of touchstones. I have 4 myself.

And pray that webOS 2.0 actually does help battery life B-)

Hope you enjoy webOS!!!
    Hi Tophaholic! Welcome to the P|C forums, webOS, and your new addictions!
    Welcome to the hpalm community. :-)

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast