Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    nice to have u. read read read, u will learn most from this forum, and the preware homebrew documentation is quite informative.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Welcome! I know you've probably heard it a million times by now, but just get to know your Pre, and read up on here. You will seriously wind up amazed that webOS hasn't caught on like wildfire.

Again, welcome. And ask if ever you have a question.

After using the search function, of course.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    Welcome! What made you decide to switch?
    I always hated the closed down attitude of Apple specifically on its iPhone. Moreover, iTunes was starting to get on my nerves. The only reason I bought an iPhone in the first place was because of its large App Store and because everyone around me was buying one.

When I played with a Palm Pre in a verizon store I fell in love with the OS. But the Pre was not available on AT&T back then.

So finally the AT&T version was released and I decided to make the jump to WebOS.

Thank you all for your warm welcome and battery saving tips.

And thanks for the medal. Makes me feel proud to make the shift.

I just wish Palm had put in some more consideration in the hardware...but this topic has probably been beaten to death on this forum. Right now I am babying it to avoid any scratches etc. Looking for a good phone protector like Zagg or Phantom skinz
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    Welcome! What made you decide to switch?
    I always hated the closed down attitude of Apple specifically on its iPhone. Moreover, iTunes was starting to get on my nerves. The only reason I bought an iPhone in the first place was because of its large App Store and because everyone around me was buying one.

When I played with a Palm Pre in a verizon store I fell in love with the OS. But the Pre was not available on AT&T back then.

So finally the AT&T version was released and I decided to make the jump to WebOS.

I just wish Palm had put in some more consideration in the hardware...but this topic has probably been beaten to death on this forum. Right now I am babying it to avoid any scratches etc. Looking for a good phone protector like Zagg or Phantom skinz
  6.    #26  
    ohh and forgot to mention another why I made the switch.......alomst every other person I see at any airport has an iphone in his/her hand.
    About 95% of my school campus have an iPhone. It's revolting. For the screen protector, go with Phantom Skinz. I've had a Zagg, and while it's pretty protective, it starts to peel off on the sides after repeated use. While you can replace it for pretty cheap, it's also pretty bulky and if you have a case with your Pre it may make it pop open or (in my case) even break the case. Albeit, I got a crappy case for Seido.

But welcome to the PreCentral community! And also welcome to the odd person at the table who doesn't whip out an iPhone during commercials/dinner/the game/conversations/ect club!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tophaholic View Post

the bodyguarz protector they sell on here is great too! it's pretty tough to install properly, but it's well worth the effort. and, they give you two sets, so you can kind of have a "practice" one. if you use this one, i recommend trimming the little tabs that are on the ends, as it's pretty difficult to get everything lined up perfectly (they cut it so it will cover as much of the phone as possible) and it can end up kind of scrunching and making a bubble when trying to get the tabs where they're meant to be.
    The only reason I bought an iPhone in the first place was because of its large App Store and because everyone around me was buying one.
    ohh and forgot to mention another why I made the switch.......alomst every other person I see at any airport has an iphone in his/her hand.
    interesting.
    Right now I am babying it to avoid any scratches etc. Looking for a good phone protector like Zagg or Phantom skinz
    I recommend BodyGuardz...you get 2 for 1, just be patient with application & you'll get it right. I've had them on my launch Pre pretty much the entire time, have used 2. Had one, switched to Zagg, hated it, then back to BodyGuardz. My phone is tip top, no scratches yet (since June 2009).

Amazon link: Amazon.com: BodyGuardZ Scratch-proof transparent film for Palm Pre Plus: Electronics

Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    the bodyguarz protector they sell on here is great too! it's pretty tough to install properly, but it's well worth the effort. and, they give you two sets, so you can kind of have a "practice" one. if you use this one, i recommend trimming the little tabs that are on the ends, as it's pretty difficult to get everything lined up perfectly (they cut it so it will cover as much of the phone as possible) and it can end up kind of scrunching and making a bubble when trying to get the tabs where they're meant to be.
    Beat me to it.

Welcome! I know everyone is talking about the bodyguardz as being the best protector well with my experience I had the best of luck with this.

Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Screen Protector Shield for Palm Pre + LIFETIME REPLACEMENTS: Cell Phones & Accessories

Not only is it easy to apply but if you mess up first time you can reapply and slide it around. Also compared to Zagg it has a very smooth surface so it doesn't grip so bad like the Zagg. Only $9.95 at Amazon with lifetime replacements. Only a front cover but if you have the touchstone back cover you really don't want to put a cover on the back. Anyways hope you get this and it works great for you!!! Ooo and remember try to get as many big bubbles out as possible during application but don't worry about the small small ones as they will disappear after about a week!
  13.    #33  
    Thanks for all the skin suggestions. I was kind of getting impatient so walked into a mall and had the Zagg kiosk guys install the full body invisible shield for me. Kind of pricey at $39.23 but what the heck.

Looks good for now. Lets see how it holds up after repeated use. It has a bit of a tacky feel to it but its not bad. Actually like the extra grip when holding the phone and when sliding the keyboard.
    Thanks for all the skin suggestions. I was kind of getting impatient so walked into a mall and had the Zagg kiosk guys install the full body invisible shield for me. Kind of pricey at $39.23 but what the heck.

Looks good for now. Lets see how it holds up after repeated use. It has a bit of a tacky feel to it but its not bad. Actually like the extra grip when holding the phone and when sliding the keyboard.
    Should of got the Skinomi man. $9.95 vs $40 with easy install. Plus it wouldn't have such a grippy feel to it. Also getting a full body shield was not really needed as the back with the touchstone cover does not even scratch up...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12