Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Suddenly, my pre is telling me that it can't establish a data connection. Tried updating network setting but can't because no network access (duh). Updated the PRL but no go! Did device restart multiple times, but again no go.

Looking at the top menu bar, I don't see any icons for a network access: no EV, 1x, etc. Like what you see when you are on a call, and there is no data access. I have preware installed, and have the latest official kernal plus govnah. Overclocked to 1 Ghz.

I tried a forum search but got no hits, so any suggestions please would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Carl
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    omg I just got this too and have been googling like crazy, i guess it must be a Sprint side thing? not sure, but I just got this about an hour ago, woke me up from my sleep -_-. I do have preware and uberkernel installed. Im hoping its not because of those things though, I just installed that stuff yesterday :x

I was getting the 192 error an hour or so ago, but now the error doesn't pop up at all anymore. I just dont have any data connection. whatsoever. even with it turned on. I updated all the roaming, network settings via wifi, but nothing worked.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    ok it's working again. Maybe it was just a sprint side error? Not sure. Hopefully yours works now?
    alls well that ends well ! Lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I've been getting this quite often of late. Updating the PRL works, though. Do you have data roaming set to on?
    that's is the biggest thing . When you update your phone ,palm updates or the doctor for some reason likes to turn off data switch and they also mess with a couple of other settings . So double check all your phone preference settings after an update or doctor.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    this happened to me while on vacation and I thought it was a location thing because there was a storm that went through. I was in florida and when I got back to va, nothing... I had to have mine switched out...
    This was happening to me and my phone went crazy soon after. I had to doctor it. I didn't notice it happening until I put on the Advanced Config for App Launcher patch on my phone. It may not have had anything to do with it but I haven't reinstalled it since I doctored and I haven't had any problems. I'm curious how many of you are using that patch.
    do you have the patch that lets you turn the data connection on/off from the device menu? when this has happened to me, I just use that until it stays on.

when that doesn't work, pulling the battery seemed to help.
    Mine did that Monday, I had to reset it, paid my sprint bill early, then I had to go in and out of Airplane mode a couple times. It finally came back after airplane mode switching three times.
    Ya i had the same thing for about 2 hours but it was on my pre and black berry (only for international travel) and the pixi as well i called sprint they sent me a new phone did not even ask and never gave me a return label or bag to send it back so i got a free pre and did not even ask for it...
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Mine did that yesterday but cleared itself up after a few hours. It appears it was a problem on Sprints side of things and not the Pre.
    Happen to me the other day,then again,i am lucky I have a connection as good as I do considering I just about live in the woods. I did a network and prl update and that fixed it.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr